Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

State inspection for lowered car?

Old 09-26-2008, 02:14 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!
Default Re: State inspection for lowered car?

Originally Posted by disheeki546
that would be nice..
untill you actually start working on cars where people dont understand regular maintence.

as far as i know, car can be as low as you want, the suspension TRAVEL cannot be changed
Old 09-26-2008, 03:17 PM
get bent

neenees will become famous soon enoughneenees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by disheeki546
that would be nice..
sike. them bastards are freaking strict on inspections. unless you know someone your up shits creek buckko. if even a bulb fails, the entire car fails. you cant get your car registered or nothin til you have it inspected. i hated that crap.

glad i always bough a car that had just got inspected.

it just makes me wonder how bad the VA inspection is. are shops that picky against dropped cars?
Old 09-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

if you turn the wheel all the way to one side, and the tires dont touch the fenders, your fine.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:26 PM
War kittens?

odu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these parts

State law says the front bumper bar must be no lower than 14".
Old 09-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

I've never had an issue getting a lowered car to pass inspection
Old 09-26-2008, 08:08 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

Originally Posted by odu_integra
State law says the front bumper bar must be no lower than 14".
Road going laws and state inspection rules are very different.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Registered Member

eddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these parts

actually odu integra that is not how the state inspection book reads. does not say anything about the height having to be 14" its just states that suspension travel cannot change as the kind gentleman above stated.the 14' inches of ride height is the law code not the inspection code,theres a difference.its just like an aftermarket exhaust,as long as there is a cat there and the exhaust does not have any leaks or breaks in it it is legal unless your in the areas of va that have emmisions and then you have to be able to pass that.theer is always differences between law codes and inspection codes
Old 09-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Registered Member

eddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these parts

damn jonathen five I could not type it fast enough.lol
Old 09-26-2008, 08:21 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

Originally Posted by eddiesauto
damn jonathen five I could not type it fast enough.lol
Old 09-26-2008, 11:11 PM
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's

Originally Posted by xeno
does anyone know of a shop that will pass a lowered car... ? everything else is good and legal all i need is a state inspection and i dont really want to change the springs for this shit.... thanks p.s. - somewhere around manassas preferably
where are you located??..

I've gone to the citgo on the corner of Kempsville and PA a couple times(trucks and cars with Hydraulics and Air bags), and they pretty much pass them everytime...