Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

SRT-4

Old 03-11-2004, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SRT-4

has anyone on here driven one?? if so what is your poinion on it??

has anybody ran one and how did it do?

thanks for the help
Old 03-11-2004, 09:17 PM
Zoom Zoom

Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky
Default Re: SRT-4

Ive seen impressive times out of the box from that car. Havent driven it myself, but ive been smoked hardcore from a light at least 2 times.

If you can take the "Its a neon" youre going to get all the time. I say drive it
Old 03-12-2004, 05:12 AM
Official Bad Omen

The Jew The Jew The Jew The Jew The Jew The Jew

Performance wise it is pretty fast and has great potential to be rediculously fast. I have heard of over 500 hp on a stock block before. But it still has roll up windows, and it has your regular neon reliability, or lack there of.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:15 AM
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

isnt it good it has roll up windows. in the end doesnt that save some wheight. granted not that much? the srt's only down fall is its fwd. i found my fwd gettin into the 300hp range and gettin no traction on my street tires. but id say yea, if you can take the " its a neon" then go for it. alota bang for your buck
Old 03-12-2004, 05:31 AM
^avatarless

crumpler is on a distinguished road

if you get it, i want a piece, i can't seem to find one... anywhere, ugh
Old 03-12-2004, 05:32 AM
757 to NoVA

sonic_va is on a distinguished road

I think the front windows have power...and the back are manual?
Old 03-12-2004, 06:18 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

yeah the fronts are power windows and the backs are manual. but the comment about the reliability i dont agree with. a couple of the guys i hang out with have srt-4s and havent had a single problem with them. both love the cars
Old 03-12-2004, 06:39 AM
Stock is best.

SinceNine19 is an unknown quantity at this point

I own an SRT-4. It's hotness. Sure, I get it's a neon all the time, but, your evo is a lancer, and your STi is an impreza. So...who cares? We're all nice cars here, hah. I've raced plenty of people, and I don't lose too often. We are quick. My car runs a 13.9-14.2 stock 1/4mile. With as little as 1000$ invested I can have my car at low 13's and possibly high 12's.

And yes, a guy named Steve Anderson in Texas has a 500hp stockblock SRT-4, and it is awesome.
Old 03-12-2004, 02:17 PM
McLovin

BLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these parts

bad analogy on the STI. you could have said the STI is a WRX. but thats not a bad thing but, anyway. i like the SRT-4's. best bang for the buck on the market these days i think. hey Allen pm blackSRT-4 i'm sure he'll run ya. i wanna run him again if you guys ever meet up.
Old 03-12-2004, 02:27 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

I think if they were 15-16k they'd be sweet. But 20k+? No thanks

Quick Reply: SRT-4