Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

speed monitored by aircraft

Old 08-29-2003, 12:14 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rat9C1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default speed monitored by aircraft

My friend in fl got pulled for a 95 in a 70 - an aircraft clocked her speed, and then a chase car nailed her. I was wondering, what is the accuracy of the aircraft's equipment to determine your speed?
Old 08-29-2003, 12:38 PM
Boosted Hoe

s14vaxlr8 is an unknown quantity at this point

my stepdad got pulled on 66 with that

from what im aware of those white lines on the road are used to time you and then determine your speed

these ar ethe ones that get you if your 120+
Old 08-29-2003, 12:50 PM

mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

The plus side of this is if you go to court, both the pilot and the cop in the chase car has to show up.
Old 08-29-2003, 01:21 PM

Z3R02S1XTY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: speed monitored by aircraft

Originally posted by rat9C1
My friend in fl got pulled for a 95 in a 70 - an aircraft clocked her speed, and then a chase car nailed her. I was wondering, what is the accuracy of the aircraft's equipment to determine your speed?
Supposidly they count the stripes as you go by for every X amount of seconds and they can determine your speed almost as well as a radargun...
Old 08-29-2003, 01:31 PM
visuallyinklined.com

sebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the rough

its a simple equation to determine it D=r/t where distance is the distance between the white lines and they clock how long it takes for you to go between lines and you rolve for R and it gives you how fast you was going but you have to convert and stuff but thats a a brief of how it all goes down
Old 08-29-2003, 01:39 PM

Z3R02S1XTY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sebassttiann
its a simple equation to determine it D=r/t where distance is the distance between the white lines and they clock how long it takes for you to go between lines and you rolve for R and it gives you how fast you was going but you have to convert and stuff but thats a a brief of how it all goes down
Yeah, what he said.
Old 08-29-2003, 02:10 PM
ITR prick #1...

boostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these parts

Originally posted by s14vaxlr8
my stepdad got pulled on 66 with that

from what im aware of those white lines on the road are used to time you and then determine your speed

these ar ethe ones that get you if your 120+

ah ha ha ha ha....

Old 08-29-2003, 02:40 PM
¿Señor Member?

The Barst is an unknown quantity at this point

FL has been using aircraft ever since I can remember...(early 80's)
I have yet to see the system in action here in VA. Only on tv. They had a special on the local news right after the signs started popping up.
Old 08-29-2003, 10:53 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

The radar they use in that has an accuracy around 2-3% which is good for knocking a few MPH off depending on your speed.

Since it only calculates your average speed (how long it takes to travel a distance) if you enter the point where they start measuring going way over the speed limit but drop to way below it before they stop measuring for all intensive purposes you'll be doing the speed limit
Old 08-29-2003, 11:06 PM
VIP

LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts

i think the sky has to be perfectly clear in order for them to patrol. any precipitation or cloudy skies wouldnt give an accurate reading.......or i could be wrong

Quick Reply: speed monitored by aircraft