Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

SpecV question.(shift knob)

Old 03-13-2008, 07:28 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SpecV420 has disabled reputation
Default SpecV question.(shift knob)

Heya...I just registered this morning, found this site from a buddy here on my ship.

I currently own a 2004 Sentra SE-R SpecV, wasn't the kind of car I wanted, but everything I want in a car. I've only done a few mods to it so far(Headers, CAI, Exhaust), but one thing I can't figure out, is how to get the damn shift knob off to put a new one on.

Anyone here with the same car know how to take that thing off? I know they usually screw off, or have little set screws, however, that isn't the case for this car, as it seems.

Any help appreciated, thanks.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Registered Member

toyota_aristo is a jewel in the roughtoyota_aristo is a jewel in the roughtoyota_aristo is a jewel in the roughtoyota_aristo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: SpecV question.(shift knob)

I don't have a Sentra, but I did a search on Google and came up with this. Good luck.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:12 PM
mytinycar

tsiguy has disabled reputation
Default Re: SpecV question.(shift knob)

i had a 04, you really have to muscle turning it off, lefty loosey, it is glued on the threads, after you break the glue it will twist off the thread. i still have nismo sway bar and toms catback exhaust if interested...get a 05 spec leather knob...waaaay better