Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

So I bought a dash cam today. Anyone else have one?

Old 05-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1
Default So I bought a dash cam today. Anyone else have one?

I've been doing a lot of driving lately and have been seeing more and more crazy drivers. Both around DC/Baltimore/757 and online, the crazies seem to be coming out with the weather. This one very recent seemed to strike a cord, but there are thousands online as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fMHUdsICT8&feature=player_embedded <<---NOT me.

Rather than wait for a lesson to be taught, I decided to invest in a dash cam and see how I can prepare myself for the texters, new kids with their cars, and idiots in general. Hell, I've barely had my G35 for 2 months and had a dozen people try to race me. At the very least I'll have a toy to record some cruises and Tail of the Dragon trips. After researching a bit, I decided to go with the the DVR-027 from eBay. For an reliable all-arounder and for a good value, it seems to be the one most recommended. $60

http://jalopnik.com/this-is-the-mid-...-buy-475625317
http://dashcamtalk.com/dvr-027-720p/

Yes, I'm also Russian. That has nothing to do with it , and if this is the wrong subforum I apologize, seemed automotive relevant to me.

Anyways, I should have it sometime next week and will have more info. But just wanted to see if anyone also uses it or dashcams in general? My only worry is to give a cop an extra reason to pull me over. I imagine it'll look like a radar scanner if my 35% tint(Medical waiver ftw!) isn't enough.

Last edited by valdaviper1; 05-06-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Registered member

PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1
Default Re: So I bought a dash cam today. Anyone else have one?

What do you mean by medical waiver?
Old 05-06-2013, 01:17 PM
slingshot engage.

dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin'

I have the waiver for my tint, as well.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Registered member

valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1

Originally Posted by PTAD1
What do you mean by medical waiver?
Va tint law states only 50% allowed. 35% on sides and back with a medical waiver from your optometrist and a signed DMV application. I can't stand wearing sunglasses and years of wearing contacts have made my eyes rather sensitive, and driving around a lot I had to get the tint. Easy enough and they don't even really ask, most optometrists will do it. 35% still isn't like the FL cars, but the car still looks far better now

Old 05-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Registered Member

Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker

What'd you do to piss that guy off so much?
Old 05-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Registered member

The video above wasn't me. But it convinced me to get one
Old 05-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Registered member

PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1 PTAD1

Does look good with the tint, although from the angle it looks like you need to wetsand the headlights lol of course I noticed that. I think it is just the angle though.

I think lowering springs would really make the car look good, since I know you don't want to be slammed
Old 05-06-2013, 01:41 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by PTAD1
Does look good with the tint, although from the angle it looks like you need to wetsand the headlights lol of course I noticed that. I think it is just the angle though.

I think lowering springs would really make the car look good, since I know you don't want to be slammed
Thanks, but I had it around the port of Baltimore and in Reistertown, MD and around Tysons Corner. The car is plenty low as is lol. The headlights have been wetsanded, unfortunately they are yellow on the inside. Many of the early G's have the same :/

Anyways, getting back on topic..Would love to hear people with dash cams chime in.

Last edited by valdaviper1; 05-06-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:52 PM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

I have one in my car as well. I haven't got any good footage yet..my car dvr was 30 bucks off amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by DOOM; 05-06-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:07 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by DOOM
I have one in my car as well. I haven't got any good footage yet..my car dvr was 30 bucks off amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
^Interesting. It looks very similar to the DVR-027, but I was wary of buying off Amazon as most of the sites and reviews said it was the fake version. How is it treating you?

Quick Reply: So I bought a dash cam today. Anyone else have one?