Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Slam, stretch, poke, camber, wheel fitment discussion thread

Old 03-31-2009, 04:41 AM
HHIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite
Default Slam, stretch, poke, camber, wheel fitment discussion thread

Car that sparked the conversation:

Originally Posted by RE-SPECGARAGE
Shit is perfect......If more people took care to pay attention to stance and right wheel combo there would be more Dope status cars out there.
See now... this is what I hate about the stretched tire crowd.

It's a trend, it's a style, it's not "right". TJ's a pretty cool guy, he'll tell you straight up that the car drives like shit. It rubs a lot, the camber will eat the tires, etc etc.

That car, and that style are 100% about visual impact. You guys try to play up this idea that if wheels don't fit like that, they don't fit correctly, and that's bullshit. Different people care about different things. To a person who care about the dynamics of a car, this wheel combo is horrible. To someone who cares about the trendy look, it's perfect.

With that said, I like his car. It's fun to look at. There are details that I think should get changed. The rear diffuser doesn't flow with the Mugen lip and the Mugen lip fits like shit.... something's wrong there. Maybe it's a knockoff?? The stock exhaust looks silly with such an aggressive car too. I also think it needs some sort of side diffuser. DF or ASM style would be great. It's actually a pretty much stock car save for the paint, drop, and wheels. Based solely on looks though, it's one of my favorites.

Last edited by Flite; 04-01-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:43 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn
Default Slam, stretch, poke, camber, wheel fitment discussion thread

i will have to disagree with you flite, i wouldn't say its "trendy" as guys in japan and europe have been stretching tires for decades now, and they still do it! i believe it is trendy for some people. but for me, as long as i own a vw, or a tuner car that i belive should have extreme fitment i will run stretched tires. hell i'll be going to buy a gen coupe in december, and the very first thing i will be doing to that is coils and wheels. and they will be extreme. its not for everyone, and somepeople will fight it, some people will accept it, and some people live by it. its def. not for performance, its soley an asthetic thing. although the tale of stretched tires does state that the reason tire stretching was created was because the guys wanted to run wide wheels and it was illegal to run tires passed your fenders.

Last edited by Flite; 04-01-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:07 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Re: Aggressive S2000 with Meister (56K Warn)

100% non-functional... cool to take pictures of, but that's it. No thanks. I'd prefer to take a hard turn and have a smile on my face vs. bouncing aroudn town scraping everyting, worrying about bumps, and replacing tires all the time.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:31 AM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

I always lol @ people who don't think coilovers are adjustable so a car can be like this and then twenty minutes later tracked.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:33 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Originally Posted by ShawnD
I always lol @ people who don't think coilovers are adjustable so a car can be like this and then twenty minutes later tracked.
Can the wheels and tires be fitted correctly in 20 mins too?
Old 03-31-2009, 09:36 AM
Registered Member

bonestock94 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
The only thing that is stupid about this statement is most people driving around S2000s just drive them around from point A to point B. Its a fucking street car, not some track slut.
I see where you're coming from, but people who buy sporty cars at least do some spirited driving on curvy public roads and stuff. I can't imagine it performing as well as stock even in this respect. I don't have first hand experience in cars of this style though.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:38 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

lol @ people who think adjusting ride height is all it takes to make a car like this handle well on track.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:38 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

LOL @ you thinking that's possible. To raise the car and then corner-weight and allign in properly takes most of an afternoon. Plus... once you put proper camber on it the tires will stick out way past the body work.

So no... setting a car up like this isn't something that you can presto-chango.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:40 AM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

Originally Posted by JROW
Can the wheels and tires be fitted correctly in 20 mins too?
Fitment or alignment wise? Fitment doesn't matter on track but alignment might lolz

Cobra, do we need pics of the young guy and his vette on his slicks?

Last edited by ShawnD; 03-31-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:41 AM
Fanboi

Fitment or alignment wise? Fitment doesn't matter on track but alignment might lolz
Wow you don't know shit about making a car actually handle.

Quick Reply: Slam, stretch, poke, camber, wheel fitment discussion thread