Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Should I trade or not?!?!

Old 07-04-2009, 10:51 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT
Default Should I trade or not?!?!

Here is the quick story. I recently picked up a few more pathfinders. The one in question is a 1997 Nissan Pathfinder automatic 4x4 w/ 139k. It is red and was wrecked in the front and missing a few pieces of the interior.. I paid $500 for the truck.

I also purchased another 97 Pathfinder automatic 4x4 w/ 208k. It has a bad transmission (wont go into reverse) and that was beat up pretty badly all over for $350. They both had the same color interior and between the 2, I have a complete interior. It also came with a brand new front bumper and corner lights.

So... I put the 2 trucks together and I have a running driving Pathfinder that looks pretty decent for $850

Now... I was looking around and ran across a black 1998 Nissan Frontier 2wd, reg cab, 5spd, 4 cylinder w/ 140k. I threw out the offer of a trade that they are really considering it. I offered either one of 2 Pathfinders.

97 5 spd 2wd w/ 148k
or
97 Auto 4wd w/ 138k

They are leaning more towards the 4x4. but they know it was wrecked (because I told them) and they are still making a decision.

I am just wanting to see what yal think about this trade. Worth it?
Old 07-05-2009, 08:36 AM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT
Default Re: Should I trade or not?!?!

thought i would get more of a response.. lol
Old 07-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Function > Form

6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY

It's all in what you want the vehicle for. Pretty much a decision you're going to have to make.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:53 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

Ehhh... thats the thing.. I dont want either one. I have a 97 Pathfinder 4x4 that looks pretty decent. I was just going to sell it. Instead I have looked at trading for this truck. I am thinking that I will be able to sell the truck and get more for it. I dont care to drive either one.

I have my 300ZX, a 98 Frontier king cab 4x4 already and my 06 R6. I am looking for which one is more valuable on the market. It kinda looks like the pick up would sell better.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:22 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

trucks always sell faster than suvs...every one needs a truck
Old 07-05-2009, 02:18 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

kinda what is was thiking
Old 07-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Registered Member

iceguyb14 has disabled reputation

the 4x4 pathfinder should be worth a little more due to the frontier being the most basic out there -reg cab, 4 cylinder, manual, 2wd. and it has roughly the same amount of miles.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Function > Form

6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY

If you're just looking to sell it, I would do the trade with the 2X4... if possible.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:55 AM
TRIED HIS GT!

Originally Posted by iceguyb14
the 4x4 pathfinder should be worth a little more due to the frontier being the most basic out there -reg cab, 4 cylinder, manual, 2wd. and it has roughly the same amount of miles.
But the Pathfinder has been in an accident too... so... and I dont have a Promise note from the previous owner that trumps the carfax!

Originally Posted by 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
If you're just looking to sell it, I would do the trade with the 2X4... if possible.
I was looking at that.. but... they are talking about the automatic due to some knee surgery the husband has and some back problems with the wife. so... it looks like the deal will be fore the 4x4.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:08 AM
Registered Member

iceguyb14 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
But the Pathfinder has been in an accident too... so... and I dont have a Promise note from the previous owner that trumps the carfax!
lol yeah but to be honest, with cars over 10 years old, most have been in some kind of an accident. and if it looks fine and runs fine and passes inspection, then its good to go.

its been my experience that people who are looking for cars around $1k arent super picky if its been in an accident or not.. they just want it to run and not need more work lol

Quick Reply: Should I trade or not?!?!