Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Shelby Reveals Price of ‘Super Snake’ Package

Old 06-13-2007, 04:53 AM
Not-So-Fatty McFat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC
Default Shelby Reveals Price of ‘Super Snake’ Package

http://wardsauto.com/home/shelby_price_snake/

Shelby Reveals Price of ‘Super Snake’ Package
By Ward’s Staff
WardsAuto.com, Jun 7, 2007 4:16 PM

Shelby Automobiles says it will modify Ford Shelby GT500s into ultra-performance “Super Snake” coupes for $27,995.
The price for modification is in addition to the cost of a base GT500, which starts at $41,675.

Beginning in late summer, a limited number of GT500 owners can get the Super Snake package applied to their GT500 at the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas.

The limited-edition Super Snake bumps output from the already-impressive 500 hp produced by the base GT500 to 600 hp.

For customers who don’t mind voiding their warranty, Shelby and his team will further tune the supercharged V-8 to a staggering 725 hp, Ford says.

http://wardsauto.com/ar/shelby_snake_mustang/

Shelby Super Snake Joins Mustang Lineup
By Ward’s Staff
WardsAuto.com, May 4, 2007 3:39 PM

Ford Motor Co. and Shelby Automobiles add yet another specialty Mustang to the ever-growing stable of pony car offerings with the ’08 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake coupe.

The limited-edition Super Snake bumps output from the already-impressive 500 hp produced by the base GT500 to 600 hp.

For customers who don’t mind voiding their warranty, Shelby and his team will tune the supercharged V-8 to a staggering 725 hp, Ford says.
The Super Snake’s performance boost comes courtesy of a combination of performance packs from Ford Racing.

Super Snake to be built at Shelby’s Las Vegas factory.
In addition to the power upgrade, the Super Snake gets a performance exhaust system; short-throw shifter; 6-piston brakes with Shelby cast calipers and larger rotors; and a Ford Racing Handling Pack, which includes performance suspension tuning, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars and a front strut tower base. Neither pricing nor planned volume has been announced.

The cars will be built at the Shelby Automobiles factory in Las Vegas beginning in late 2007, Ford says.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:55 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC
Default Re: Shelby Reveals Price of ‘Super Snake’ Package

So they're going to have 15" rotors now I guess, that's oustanding.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:09 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
So they're going to have 15" rotors now I guess, that's oustanding.
It oughta suck your dick for you too for $27k...

I mean, I read about tuning it for more horsepower, but IMO everything that package includes (even tuning) could be done for well under $10,000... We're talking brakes, suspension, exhaust, short throw shifter?
Old 06-13-2007, 05:12 AM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

Here piggy, piggy. Actually, they should offer a weight reducing package to further enhance that cars' potential. I still want one.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:15 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by DoingOK
Here piggy, piggy. Actually, they should offer a weight reducing package to further enhance that cars' potential. I still want one.
Why don't you get a car a little more appropriate for someone your age? Like a Deville, for instance?

Actually, in all seriousness, before I bought my GTI, I was looking at a 2003 Deville, and a new Navigator at the time. I drove the Deville and fell in love with how disconnected you actually felt from the road. You float down the road... My GOD!
Old 06-13-2007, 05:20 AM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Why don't you get a car a little more appropriate for someone your age? Like a Deville, for instance?

Actually, in all seriousness, before I bought my GTI, I was looking at a 2003 Deville, and a new Navigator at the time. I drove the Deville and fell in love with how disconnected you actually felt from the road. You float down the road... My GOD!
I will always own a sports car. The only caddy I'd own would be a CTS-V. I'm very immature for my age
Old 06-13-2007, 05:26 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

I could do a KB 2.8 and have 800whp for less then that
Old 06-13-2007, 05:36 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I mean, I read about tuning it for more horsepower, but IMO everything that package includes (even tuning) could be done for well under $10,000... We're talking brakes, suspension, exhaust, short throw shifter?
You might be able too, but it won't have Carroll Shelby's name on it and that alone is where the extra $15k would come from.

It's like buying a John Deere, they aren't that great a machine and you're paying a shitton just for the name.

Originally Posted by DoingOK
I still want one.
It's still cheaper than a Z06 so it would be interested to see how one of these would compare in performance aspects.

Originally Posted by NFCstang
I could do a KB 2.8 and have 800whp for less then that
It's not all about HP.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:03 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
It's not all about HP.
Well put, but I could still build a basic one with MM suspension, brakes, KB etc and still come in cheaper.

But you're 100% on the money about the Shelby name
Old 06-13-2007, 06:09 AM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

Yet another car I would like but wont be able to afford for awhile.

I want to see how it fairs against the Z06

Quick Reply: Shelby Reveals Price of ‘Super Snake’ Package