Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Seized Brake Caliper problems...

Old 04-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thgdfathr has disabled reputation
Default Seized Brake Caliper problems...

Yesterday, I had a mechanic fix my back brake pads and rotors on my car. He called me in the process of fixing it and said that the back calipers were slow to respond, but that it would be ok to drive, and then asked if I would want to replace them. Since he said they
would be fine to drive, I decided not to spend that money, since I didn't have alot to
spend anyways. About 3 hours later, I was driving home for Easter and I noticed
alot of smoke coming from the back of my car. The caliper had siezed and
completely destroyed the rotors and brake pads. I called the mechanic and he
was pretty much, for lack of better words, a complete ass hole to me, and
stated that he wouldn't do anything to help and that he warned me about the
calipers. However, since he told me the calipers would be fine to drive, I feel
as if he should replace the parts that were destroyed by it. Is there any one else who has had an issue like this? Or should he have been able to tell if it would seize up 3 hours later?
Old 04-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Registered Member

Default Re: Seized Brake Caliper problems...

i apologize for the spacing problems in that paragraph...dont know what happened...
Old 04-11-2009, 07:04 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

so if you had a minor oil leak and he warned you that it was leaking but said it would be fine and it turned into a major one and locked the motor up ....should he buy you a new one of those also..

and no im sure he wouldnt be able to tell if they were going to seize in 2 minutes or 2 years...
Old 04-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Registered Member

nftuatn...thanks for the sarcasm...stay off my thread
Old 04-11-2009, 07:17 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

thgdfathr...your welcome...kiss my ass
Old 04-11-2009, 07:33 PM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

Originally Posted by nftuatn
so if you had a minor oil leak and he warned you that it was leaking but said it would be fine and it turned into a major one and locked the motor up ....should he buy you a new one of those also..

and no im sure he wouldnt be able to tell if they were going to seize in 2 minutes or 2 years...
this is absolutly right imo, ive worked at a couple dealships/shops and I agree. its not his fault your shit froze up sooner than he expected. its your fault for not fixing it. I understand that you might not have had the money, weve all been there. but having brake prolems that you are completely aware of? thats a stupid thing to not fix. imo your brakes are one of the most important things on your car.he warned you that there was a problem. how is he gonna predict when they would lock up? its impossible to predict. you asked for the advice so here it is. stop blaming something you didnt fix when you should have on someone else, wether he said it might be ok or not. you shouldnt have chanced it and now your paying for it....
Old 04-11-2009, 07:37 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

Originally Posted by 95egd16
this is absolutly right imo, ive worked at a couple dealships/shops and I agree. its not his fault your shit froze up sooner than he expected. its your fault for not fixing it. I understand that you might not have had the money, weve all been there. but having brake prolems that you are completely aware of? thats a stupid thing to not fix. imo your brakes are one of the most important things on your car.he warned you that there was a problem. how is he gonna predict when they would lock up? its impossible to predict. you asked for the advice so here it is. stop blaming something you didnt fix when you should have on someone else, wether he said it might be ok or not. you shouldnt have chanced it and now your paying for it....
hopefully this +rep will turn you back green...we need more people with common fucking sense on here..
Old 04-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Registered Member

max671 max671 max671 max671 max671 max671 max671 max671 max671 max671 max671

Originally Posted by thgdfathr
nftuatn...thanks for the sarcasm...stay off my thread
Lawlz you dumbshit, he's absolutely right and you know it, now you gotta pay for your bad judgment.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:38 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

Originally Posted by max671
Lawlz you dumbshit, he's absolutely right and you know it, now you gotta pay for your bad judgment.
+3174819381248...thanks
Old 04-11-2009, 07:39 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

Originally Posted by thgdfathr
Yesterday, I had a mechanic fix my back brake pads and rotors on my car. He called me in the process of fixing it and said that the back calipers were slow to respond, but that it would be ok to drive, and then asked if I would want to replace them. Since he said they
would be fine to drive, I decided not to spend that money, since I didn't have alot to
spend anyways. About 3 hours later, I was driving home for Easter and I noticed
alot of smoke coming from the back of my car. The caliper had siezed and
completely destroyed the rotors and brake pads. I called the mechanic and he
was pretty much, for lack of better words, a complete ass hole to me, and
stated that he wouldn't do anything to help and that he warned me about the
calipers. However, since he told me the calipers would be fine to drive, I feel
as if he should replace the parts that were destroyed by it. Is there any one else who has had an issue like this? Or should he have been able to tell if it would seize up 3 hours later?

Originally Posted by nftuatn

Quick Reply: Seized Brake Caliper problems...