Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Save your motor...

Old 02-03-2004, 08:37 PM
-HUFF-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
non-vtecpower has disabled reputation
Default Save your motor...

I might piss some people off that are trying to sell them, But don't buy the old ZEX kits. You can tell by the old one dosent have the lights for when you are training it for full throttle on the "NMU" the brains. New one has the light. I had the new kit for about a year and had no problems. Sold that one and a few months later i got another zex kit "The old one" from a friend that blew his motor with it , And my motor went after half a bottle. I know of a few other people that have had no problems with the new kit but everyone that i know that had the old kit has blown there motors. Anyone else had problems with the old kit??
Old 02-03-2004, 09:01 PM
R3BORN

cfhoodeclipse is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Save your motor...

yes chris, i had a huge problem with the kit. it blew my motor and i don't like it. anyone else?
Old 02-04-2004, 05:02 AM
AKA DEATH TRAP

sikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by cfhoodeclipse
yes chris, i had a huge problem with the kit. it blew my motor and i don't like it. anyone else?

if you have a green integra i sold the kit to james and i guess he blew his motor and sold it to you . 5 people had the same kit i passed on a blew their motors . that kits cursed. burn it or throw it away. everyone has suffered.i even told him everyone has blew their motor. but everyone wants to make a buck that would be kill number 7 for the old zex kit. i lasted 2 or 3 sprays.
Old 02-04-2004, 05:15 AM
Registered member

Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall

how big a shot is it? 300 or so? no wonder you guys are blowing engines
sorry to hear about all the motors going down though.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:12 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

are you pulling timing when you spray? are you sure it is jetted properly? are you sure the solenoids dont stick? is it wired correctly? wet kit or dry? what aftermarket window switch are you using?

i mean im not exactly a zex fan or technician but a nitrous kit is pretty cut and dry simple. you dont just have 'bad luck' and blow a motor. you probably messed up the install somehow or the solenoid may have something lodged in it to keep it open.
Old 02-04-2004, 12:15 PM
l

WillsH22Accord is an unknown quantity at this point

its probably the kit itself
Old 02-04-2004, 03:29 PM
-HUFF-

non-vtecpower has disabled reputation

Its the dry kit, and it was a 50 shot for sure. The same kit is on here for sale...Watch out for the cursed kit
Old 02-04-2004, 03:32 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

I agree that it is probably a bad kit...maybe the regulator that ZEX uses isn't working properly, or the jet is not really a 50...never heard of that many horror stories on any ZEX kit.
Old 02-04-2004, 03:42 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

Exactly....something wrong with the kit. I ran the older zex kit when it first released and i ran that shit for like almost 2 years and never had a problem. It finally took it's toll on the old f22 but fuck it.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:45 AM
Back in!!

xexjh09 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sikkcrx
5 people had the same kit i passed on a blew their motors . that kits cursed. burn it or throw it away. everyone has suffered.

Long live the cures......

I was also by the old zex kit....