Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Rumors of a New 240sx

Old 12-19-2012, 08:44 AM
I H8 MY CAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx
Default Re: Rumors of a New 240sx

Mad? Foaming? Who said anything about getting upset? Its a damn car, no fucks are given. I'm just stating what I, as my opinion, believe and simply comparing the FRS to the older S-chassis. Would Nissan make another S-chassis? Personally, I dont think so. The economics of it just isnt there and the 370z isnt that far off as far as pricing. Would I be interested on a new S-chassis? Probably not, Nissan is probably gonna fuck it up (all their current designs sucks) and I hate having car payments.

Last edited by FLiPrayZin240sx; 12-19-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:39 AM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Originally Posted by FLiPrayZin240sx
Mad? Foaming? Who said anything about getting upset? Its a damn car, no fucks are given. I'm just stating what I, as my opinion, believe and simply comparing the FRS to the older S-chassis. Would Nissan make another S-chassis? Personally, I dont think so. The economics of it just isnt there and the 370z isnt that far off as far as pricing. Would I be interested on a new S-chassis? Probably not, Nissan is probably gonna fuck it up (all their current designs sucks) and I hate having car payments.
I mean you seem angry, like your Nissan fanboyism is hurt. There is no comparison from the FRS to the 240sx you stated this yourself with the price range being completely different in a previous post. Was it 35k after inflation you said? The FRS/BRZ is 25k area roughly, okay. I mean fuck the fact you're comparing a 20 year old car to a car that was just released is retarded

I mean I honestly feel like you are talking out of your ass because you know nothing of how the automotive market works, nor are you making a relevant comparison to anything in your posts on this thread.

New 240sx isn't happening, Nissan fan boy's feelings got hurt, reason to blab on about some nonsense comparisons and bullshit.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:13 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by Yep4doors
I mean you seem angry, like your Nissan fanboyism is hurt. There is no comparison from the FRS to the 240sx you stated this yourself with the price range being completely different in a previous post. Was it 35k after inflation you said? The FRS/BRZ is 25k area roughly, okay. I mean fuck the fact you're comparing a 20 year old car to a car that was just released is retarded

I mean I honestly feel like you are talking out of your ass because you know nothing of how the automotive market works, nor are you making a relevant comparison to anything in your posts on this thread.

New 240sx isn't happening, Nissan fan boy's feelings got hurt, reason to blab on about some nonsense comparisons and bullshit.
i think you're taking everything out of context, and not making a single valid point in the process.

he was actually arguing in favor of the br-s/fr-z, in saying that comparatively it wasn't as overpriced as many people think. the use of the s14 for comparison was a strange choice but was just used for the sake of his argument. i don't know where you're getting this fanboy/nerd-rage aspect...

the whole point of this thread is to speculate on the if/when/how much success/failure of a new 240sx-type car from nissan. it very well might not happen, but i don't think anyone's feelings would be hurt as a result...

personally i think the 240sx here in the states never made much sense... yeah sure the performance would have taken sales away from the z but it would have sold SO much better... the z wasn't necessarily setting the world on fire. it was an overpriced, underperforming "premium" sports coupe that had to fight an uphill battle against domestic rivals that were enormously popular. i'm not sure if nissan was saving money in putting the 155 hp truck motor in the s-chassis, but at its price point it NEEDED more power. they set themselves up for failure.

what's going on now is they are finding there is a market for this type of car. the z is still too expensive. insert a ~$25k offering that would basically equate to an s16 silvia (fuck they could package the s15 and find success...) to compete with the glaringly underpowered subarota = win.

but unfortunately i agree in thinking that it won't happen, for various reasons. i don't think i'd buy it anyway even if it did.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:27 PM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Originally Posted by blackout
i think you're taking everything out of context, and not making a single valid point in the process.

he was actually arguing in favor of the br-s/fr-z, in saying that comparatively it wasn't as overpriced as many people think. the use of the s14 for comparison was a strange choice but was just used for the sake of his argument. i don't know where you're getting this fanboy/nerd-rage aspect...

the whole point of this thread is to speculate on the if/when/how much success/failure of a new 240sx-type car from nissan. it very well might not happen, but i don't think anyone's feelings would be hurt as a result...

personally i think the 240sx here in the states never made much sense... yeah sure the performance would have taken sales away from the z but it would have sold SO much better... the z wasn't necessarily setting the world on fire. it was an overpriced, underperforming "premium" sports coupe that had to fight an uphill battle against domestic rivals that were enormously popular. i'm not sure if nissan was saving money in putting the 155 hp truck motor in the s-chassis, but at its price point it NEEDED more power. they set themselves up for failure.

what's going on now is they are finding there is a market for this type of car. the z is still too expensive. insert a ~$25k offering that would basically equate to an s16 silvia (fuck they could package the s15 and find success...) to compete with the glaringly underpowered subarota = win.

but unfortunately i agree in thinking that it won't happen, for various reasons. i don't think i'd buy it anyway even if it did.

I mean clearly he stated the frs/BRZ is garbage. I'm not raging just more stating that if you're going to discuss a rumored car at least compare something in its range/category that is a relevant, produced car in today's market. Honestly comparing a 20 year car almost at this point to a brand new car is irrelevant. That's like comparing a fox body mustang to the current 5.0 obviously there is a huge difference.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:47 PM
I H8 MY CAR

FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx

Originally Posted by Yep4doors
I mean clearly he stated the frs/BRZ is garbage. I'm not raging just more stating that if you're going to discuss a rumored car at least compare something in its range/category that is a relevant, produced car in today's market. Honestly comparing a 20 year car almost at this point to a brand new car is irrelevant. That's like comparing a fox body mustang to the current 5.0 obviously there is a huge difference.
I clearly stated that the FRS is garbage? Quote me where I said those exact words? What can you really compare an FR-S to? Is there anything else out there that is around $25k, sub-3000lbs rwd other than a miata? You have your opinion, I have mine.

Am I fanboyish? I like my S14s (had 3 of them) just cuz its mine and I built, I drive it for what I want to do with it and this is all I've known for over 10 yrs, so I guess I am partial to it. Would I argue with people like these cars are God's send from heaven, fuck no. 240sx fucking sucked stock. Cant compare them to their JDM counterparts since they're so damn underpowered.

These are my arguments: FRS are not expensive, $25k is good price point (even tho Toyota initially promised a sub-$20k car). I used my 1st S14 as example just because of similar pricing when they were out brand new, pointed them as overpriced for what they were back in the days (POS). Just wished both cars were turbo stock.

Last edited by FLiPrayZin240sx; 12-27-2012 at 06:56 PM.