Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

RSX owners "this is how you should NOT drive"

Old 06-18-2004, 08:21 AM
whats hood?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BLUE ICE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RSX owners "this is how you should NOT drive"

Originally Posted by NighthawkRSX
I don't get it.

If you're using a 6 speed then how in the hell would you accidentally shift from 3rd to 1st. Both gears are forward on the gearbox. There's no "other gear" that you could have been going for that would accidentally put you into 1st gear.

And the tranny shouldn't allow you to put it into first at any speed above 20mph, and in 3rd gear you should at least be at 80mph if you're speed shifting.

So in conclusion
Including the fact that lets say your down shifting from 6th to 3rd. when you pull it out of 6th the tranny automatically lines you straight up with thrid. Same thing if your going from 6th or 5th to 4th, you have to be driving like an asshole to be craming it back into second or first. The harder you shift doesn't make you faster.
Old 06-18-2004, 08:26 AM
1999 Eclipse GS-T

gstrbo99 has disabled reputation

I don't get it.

If you're using a 6 speed then how in the hell would you accidentally shift from 3rd to 1st. Both gears are forward on the gearbox. There's no "other gear" that you could have been going for that would accidentally put you into 1st gear.

And the tranny shouldn't allow you to put it into first at any speed above 20mph, and in 3rd gear you should at least be at 80mph if you're speed shifting.

So in conclusion

yea your right my fsault...first off i dont have a 6 sp i have a 5 speed but i went 3rd to second atlike high rpm's like racing speeds...i was at about 6k in 3rd and went into 2 sorry...my fault good catch

Last edited by gstrbo99; 06-18-2004 at 08:29 AM.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:23 AM
It's Duck Season

JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub

Originally Posted by gstrbo99
racing speeds
Old 06-18-2004, 09:34 AM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

I don't get it.

So in conclusion
Only Hondas and like have the dummy 1st gear lockout. T56's dont, and Im positive the Getrags dont. At least, if we do have one, its not 20mph

Other than that, I have no idea how you would misshift 3rd to 1st and not 3rd to 2nd.. But anythings possible from certain group of people
Old 06-18-2004, 09:36 AM
Registered Member

Capster78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its easy for a newbie to mis-shift from 3rd to first if they are trying to shift into 4th. All it takes is the wrong grip on the shifter pushing up into 4th. If you have your hand on the side of the sifter vs the back of it.. you could push it into 1st instead of 4th. I know I did this a few times when I was first learning to shift.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:47 AM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

Capster - We're talking about 6speeds here. If you can somehow manage to confuse FIRST (top left) for FOUTH (straight down) then you shouldnt be driving :\

I did 5th to 2nd a couple of times in my first prelude.. Meant to do 5-4

But I cant see how you would go up instead of down unless something is wrong with you

Last edited by flow fx; 06-18-2004 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:05 AM
R3BORN

cfhoodeclipse is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by SloRSX
damn. I remember watching that video a little over 2 years ago.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:30 AM
1999 Eclipse GS-T

track...
Old 06-18-2004, 10:32 AM
1999 Eclipse GS-T

yup i think thats what capster meant..3-2 not 3-1
Old 06-18-2004, 10:48 AM
whats hood?

BLUE ICE is an unknown quantity at this point

you guys keep saying "we are talking abuot 6 speeds" like there is some huge differance.

Quick Reply: RSX owners "this is how you should NOT drive"