Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Roof rack question!

Old 01-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Hellafunctional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93
Default Roof rack question!

Okay so my birthday is coming up, and im thinking of stuff for my girlfriend to get me. And i stumble upon the thule snowboard/ski rack. I like the look of it compared to the thule surf rack. But my question is, can you fit a surfboard into the snowboard rack. I thought i saw on here that someone had done it. I tried researching and it was no good. Any help would be great. Thanks!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:54 PM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM
Default Re: Roof rack question!

Originally Posted by Garrett93
Okay so my birthday is coming up, and im thinking of stuff for my girlfriend to get me. And i stumble upon the thule snowboard/ski rack. I like the look of it compared to the thule surf rack. But my question is, can you fit a surfboard into the snowboard rack. I thought i saw on here that someone had done it. I tried researching and it was no good. Any help would be great. Thanks!
i just wanna say, i hate this trend.

so before anyone asks does you gf have a good rack?? just figured id ask first.. (you're suppose to say no pics of said gf and get to your point.. that will help you)

anyways good luck on the search
Old 01-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Hellafunctional

Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93

its not a "trend" to me, my parents have a beach house in obx and i drive down their and surf all the time, and yes said gf has a nice rack.. have vouches too hahaha
Old 01-20-2011, 08:07 PM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

Originally Posted by Garrett93
its not a "trend" to me, my parents have a beach house in obx and i drive down their and surf all the time, and yes said gf has a nice rack.. have vouches too hahaha
im tired of seeing bmws and audis around here with bike racks, and no bikes on them. and props on said gf with nice rack, pics would be nice lol..

anyways, sure someone can assist you.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Registered Member

terrible advice has disabled reputation

eh, get the snowboard rack and just toss the surfboard in the car. it's what everyone else does.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:00 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Most people just strap surfboards down to the crossbars without using any accessories like a snowboard rack.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Banned

M▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Most people just strap surfboards down to the crossbars without using any accessories like a snowboard rack.
been like that for years from vw bugs to

lol
Old 01-21-2011, 02:34 AM
Hellafunctional

Yeah that's what i've been doing.. i'll probably just stick to that.. the only reason i liked the snowboard rack is because it has locks on the side, so no one could steal my shit, but in reality i probably don't need that haha
Old 01-21-2011, 03:00 AM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

pics of said GF
Old 01-21-2011, 07:16 AM
Registered Member

oneslorsx is a splendid one to beholdoneslorsx is a splendid one to beholdoneslorsx is a splendid one to beholdoneslorsx is a splendid one to beholdoneslorsx is a splendid one to beholdoneslorsx is a splendid one to beholdoneslorsx is a splendid one to behold

i don't think it would fit, seeing as snowboards are much thinner than a surfboard.

Bungee cords FTW..