Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Rim Question

Old 02-06-2008, 05:08 AM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough
Default Rim Question

Does anyone know a high end rim company (Volk,work,SSR,etc) that makes black rims with a red anodized lip,for an AWD car/offset?
Old 02-06-2008, 05:14 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey
Default Re: Rim Question

The Time Attack color scheme is branded by Volk. And there isn't really such a thing as an AWD offset. Wheel selection for an STi and an Evo, for example, will be different.

What look are you going for? Do you want wide wheels with meaty rubber, but not slammed? Or do you want a slightly stretched tire on a wide wheel while being dumped?
Old 02-06-2008, 05:24 AM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Corey
The Time Attack color scheme is branded by Volk. And there isn't really such a thing as an AWD offset. Wheel selection for an STi and an Evo, for example, will be different.

What look are you going for? Do you want wide wheels with meaty rubber, but not slammed? Or do you want a slightly stretched tire on a wide wheel while being dumped?
thanks for setting me straight.Ive been doing hella research on NASIOC,mainly on powertrain and responsive mods.Havent gotten too far into suspension,drivetrain,and wheels yet.

Im goin for an aggressive offset with a decent sized profile tire.Nothing too thin,or stretched tires.Just something where the rim looks kind of concaved,with a decent sized lip.I hope thats not confusing or sounds stupid.I dont know too much about offsets,backspacing and all that.

also,I dont want the car to be too slammed..just enough so theres not a lot of wheel gap,and the car has a good stance.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:27 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

There aren't many wheels that will have a concave face for a STi. Advan has some in the +35 range, IIRC.

And you need to join iwsti.com
Old 02-06-2008, 05:28 AM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BoostLag
thanks for setting me straight.Ive been doing hella research on NASIOC,mainly on powertrain and responsive mods.Havent gotten too far into suspension,drivetrain,and wheels yet.

Im goin for an aggressive offset with a decent sized profile tire.Nothing too thin,or stretched tires.Just something where the rim looks kind of concaved,with a decent sized lip.I hope thats not confusing or sounds stupid.I dont know too much about offsets,backspacing and all that.

also,I dont want the car to be too slammed..just enough so theres not a lot of wheel gap,and the car has a good stance.
well u can't have it both ways... either have something gay or something nice.

ur not going to have a concave wheel with a big tire.

ur not going to have an aggressive offset with a big tire

and if u do go aggressive it'll look stupid if ur car isn't low.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:33 AM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Originally Posted by Chris@Spool
well u can't have it both ways... either have something gay or something nice.

ur not going to have a concave wheel with a big tire.

ur not going to have an aggressive offset with a big tire

and if u do go aggressive it'll look stupid if ur car isn't low.

I understand.Like I said,I am new to the offset world.Bare with me.

let me try this again.

I do not want my car slammed to the ground.I do want it lower though.I want it so almost all of the wheel gap is gone,but I do not want the tires tucking.If I cant get a concave look..just a nice black rim with a red lip will do.Its not going to be the end of the world if I cant get the "perfect" look.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:36 AM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BoostLag
Its not going to be the end of the world if I cant get the "perfect" look.
then what's the point?

btw I think aspec was selling some 57 maximum in time attack editions, I believe they had some wack offsets... maybe check them out.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:37 AM
Am Confused

MustB18 MustB18 MustB18 MustB18 MustB18 MustB18 MustB18 MustB18 MustB18 MustB18 MustB18

here is a pic of mine

Old 02-06-2008, 05:37 AM
Autophobic

CivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud of

where is the candy? Future candy perhaps
Old 02-06-2008, 05:38 AM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Originally Posted by Chris@Spool
then what's the point?

btw I think aspec was selling some 57 maximum in time attack editions, I believe they had some wack offsets... maybe check them out.

I understand The rims should look and fit perfect.But sometimes it isnt always going to be the case.Im not gonna settle for some shitty offset,and a shitty rim.But im also not going to scour the earth to find the perfect offset.I know you know more about rims than me,so once again,it probably sounds stupid to you.But im just looking for a nice time attack rim that will look good on this particular car.

Quick Reply: Rim Question