Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Right Hand drive legalites

Old 10-18-2005, 10:21 PM
Luis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14
Default Right Hand drive legalites

What are the legalities of driving a RHD car in VA (converted to RHD) and would you rather drive rhd or lhd?
Old 10-19-2005, 12:57 AM
Seh-Fee-Ro

yokojzz30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Right Hand drive legalites

rhd is a PIA...waaay to much trouble for the wow factor...if u enjoy attention and dont wanna pay for a legal rhd car (imported one or mail truck lol) go for it
Old 10-19-2005, 01:13 AM
Luis

SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14

Originally Posted by 8thgengalant
rhd is a PIA...waaay to much trouble for the wow factor...if u enjoy attention and dont wanna pay for a legal rhd car (imported one or mail truck lol) go for it
not worried about the work and yeah i like to grab the attention...why not...and i just want it to be unique....but not gonna spend extra money and paper work bullshit to import one
Old 10-19-2005, 03:16 AM
Tom

Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom

Well, going through a drive through fast food place, or any other sort of drive up teller would be a bitch. It will definately get you attention, thats for sure. I'm no super JDM freak or anything, but I can't help but give someone props for having a RHD car.
I'm assuming you're doing this to your S14? I say go for it man.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:44 AM
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

PM Francisco, (sucka306) Im sure he'll be more than happy to tell you everything you need to know.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:07 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I think it's a stupid waste, personally. What do you mean when you say which would you prefer to drive? LHD!!! ....I guess that makes me unoriginal, ununique, and I'm fine with that. Just wait until they make a cost effective way to convert to RHD and every ricer will have lamborghini doors and RHD..
Old 10-19-2005, 08:08 AM
Luis

hell actuallly its pretty cheap if your buying a whole front clip for an engine set...everything you need for the RHD conversion comes with the front clip....but its alot of work ...i really don't see ricers jumping all over this one.....we'll see if it happens in the future
Old 10-19-2005, 08:20 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Laser93PGT
hell actuallly its pretty cheap if your buying a whole front clip for an engine set...everything you need for the RHD conversion comes with the front clip....but its alot of work ...i really don't see ricers jumping all over this one.....we'll see if it happens in the future
What happened with Lamborghini doors? They started out with kits that were several thousand bucks, and you'd see cars with them every once in a while several years ago.. now, I kid you not, everytime I pass by the mall or anywhere that you might see a modified car (i.e. public), I'll see some idiot getting out of their Civic or Eclipse and open up their Lambo doors and look around to see if anyone caught them.. They go out of their way to make sure everyone sees their doors go up in the air. RHD, if anything like that trend, will be something else that makes me sad to see pretty soon.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:27 AM
Tom

Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
What happened with Lamborghini doors? They started out with kits that were several thousand bucks, and you'd see cars with them every once in a while several years ago.. now, I kid you not, everytime I pass by the mall or anywhere that you might see a modified car (i.e. public), I'll see some idiot getting out of their Civic or Eclipse and open up their Lambo doors and look around to see if anyone caught them.. They go out of their way to make sure everyone sees their doors go up in the air. RHD, if anything like that trend, will be something else that makes me sad to see pretty soon.
Well, considering you usually have to replace the entire firewall, I dont see an easy way of getting around this. Plus, lambo doors are usually just hinges (maybe the hydrolics if you wanna get really high in price), a RHD conversion requires just a tad bit more than that.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:37 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by AWishForWings
Well, considering you usually have to replace the entire firewall, I dont see an easy way of getting around this. Plus, lambo doors are usually just hinges (maybe the hydrolics if you wanna get really high in price), a RHD conversion requires just a tad bit more than that.
How about another example? Spinners.

You've got everything from Davin's, to dubcaps.. lol. How many car shows have you been to recently? I know there's a difference between swapping the front clip of a car, and putting wheels or door hinges on it, but the point is that they've found ways to make very expensive aftermarket products extremely cheap and affordable to the masses. Anyway, how many shows have you been to? I went to Piedmont maybe 2 years ago and 80% of the show cars had cheap spinners on them. Davin's are expensive. The competition is not.

Quick Reply: Right Hand drive legalites