Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Restricted License?

Old 05-13-2004, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skeeter has disabled reputation
Default Restricted License?

Ok, so a friend of mine recieved a restricted license for 6 months the other day... they confiscated his Driver's LIcense. Fine he'll make do...

First thing we attempt to do last night (me drivin) was order a beer with dinner. Crap.. no ID for him. He goes to get the restricted license paper notarized at DMV today as well as get a Photo ID card. THey tell him he can't have both

Anyone know what the deal is? Does he have to wait for so long before he can get an ID card? Can he get a Photo ID while havin the restricted license? Does he have to wait for a new card to be issued automatically that has his terms?

Please tell me I haven't lost a drinking buddy here!
Old 05-13-2004, 11:23 AM
STi Round I

Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G.
Default Re: Restricted License?

DMV will issue you a Drivers License with an "R" on it meaning restricted, but they are not going to issue you and DL and ID card because the DL will have his/her picture on it!
Old 05-13-2004, 11:51 AM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

The restricted liscense he received (the green sheet) serves as a Class 1 ID and will work for his ID for drinking. The waiters/waitresses don't know this, so get the manager, they'll ok it.

You cannot have an ID Card and a Driver's License at the same time, one will be void, so don't bother attempting to get the ID Card.

He'll have to talk to the DMV about how to get the green sheet notarized. If it was restricted for drunk driving, it will have to be notarized by ASAP. If it wasn't for drunk driving, I'm not really sure how to go about getting it notarized.

Once the green sheet is notarized, it will take up to 8 weeks for the paperwork and other ish to go through at the DMV before they can give him a plastic photo DL. The green sheet works as an ID for alcohol and COULD be his DL for the full 6 month period once notarized if he doesn't care to visit the DMV.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:52 PM
I drive real slow

subaruboy has disabled reputation

my friends licenses were restricted for possesion for 6 months and they weren't issued a new card until the restriction was over
Old 05-13-2004, 01:06 PM
ITR prick #1...

boostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these parts

ive got my license type R...

you have to wait for the court paper work to make it to dmv though.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:30 PM
SSHNIPER

THATS FRESH is on a distinguished road

listen to boostjunkie, he knows all about this subject. i dont know how but he knows!
Old 05-13-2004, 05:52 PM
ITR prick #1...

boostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these parts

im a plethora of useless information...

and beer.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:57 AM
Registered Member

Skeeter has disabled reputation

Doesn't much matter anymore -- court appearance number two took it away completely.

In any case you don't really think about how much you need a Photo ID until you don't have one. Had to go to customers site and they didn't let him in cause he didn't have PhotoID other than work Badge... gettin carded at doors to places etc...
Old 05-14-2004, 01:25 PM
ITR prick #1...

yup.....cigs....beer....clubs...

all of them need photo id for. especially if you look like your 15 when you shave.

Old 05-14-2004, 01:57 PM
SSHNIPER

THATS FRESH is on a distinguished road

im glad im got my military id. although i use my DL when i go out bc its a bitch to loose a military id.