Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

remote turbo??

Old 03-11-2005, 01:02 PM
takin it all

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY
Default remote turbo??

what are some pros and cons of this setup. i have seen it and its strating to get to my wallet. just want to hear some goods and bads about the setup before i take the dive
Old 03-11-2005, 01:04 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: remote turbo??

if i knew what you were talking about i would tell ya.....
Old 03-11-2005, 01:06 PM
takin it all

HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
if i knew what you were talking about i would tell ya.....

a remote turbo kit is where the turbo is located under the spair tire area of the car and all your piping and is ran under the car. i hear that no intercooler is needed due to the fact that the piping of the turbo is cooled on the way to and from the turbo
Old 03-11-2005, 01:12 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

wow, that is the dumbest thing ive ever heard of......especially if your going to put it in your integra... do you have any idea of the pressure loss you would get from having that much piping, hell the way you would have to route that piping would add like another 20 feet, thats alot more weight as well, you might want to look at getting a turbo that can handle about 30 psi with no problem so you can get at least 10 into your motor.....and the lag time will be incredible.....sorry but i just think that its retarded to even think about putting that kind of system in a honda that is daily driven, hell even for a race car that would be stupid.....

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 03-11-2005 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:16 PM
takin it all

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
wow, that is the dumbest thing ive ever heard of......especially if your going to put it in your integra... do you have any idea of the pressure loss you would get from having that much piping, hell the way you would have to route that piping would add like another 20 feet, thats alot more weight as well, you might want to look at getting a turbo that can handle about 30 psi with no problem so you can get at least 10 into your motor.....and the lag time will be incredible.....sorry but i just think that its retarded to even think about putting that kind of system in a honda that is daily driven, hell even for a race car that would be stupid.....

i'm going to have to find the article on it.....they boosted a type r with this system and nothing but good things to say, let me find it
Old 03-11-2005, 01:17 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

and im assuming you would have to have some custom made exhaust to feed the turbo then have to have to tap the downpipe into another exhaust or make the downpipe your exhaust with a muffler on it or something , unless they have some newly designed turbo or something that doesnt need to get rid of heated exhaust gases, this just sounds plain out retarded to me....
Old 03-11-2005, 01:17 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

yea i definitely need to see the DESIGN of this system cause it sounds pretty fucking nuts, hell just the way you would have to run the piping sounds retarded......
Old 03-11-2005, 01:20 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

the only point to the remote (STS) turbo systems is to 1; make it easy as shit to install, 2; be able to work on the car still without having 50lbs of extra piping in the engine bay, 3; all of these are assuming you drive a domestic as it would obivously be insanely pointless on an import whose motor barely even fills up 1/4 of the engine bay and has one manifold.

Whistler on here has a remote turbo setup on his Formula LS1
Old 03-11-2005, 01:23 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

ok from my small search on this topic, it seems retarded to do in some cases.

http://i.b5z.net/i/u/1473169/f/Press/STSCHP.pdf thats the magizine review of it on a F-Body

i must say the turbo Tahoe sounds pretty cool
Old 03-11-2005, 01:24 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

http://www.ststurbo.com/home thats the guys who fab the stuff

Quick Reply: remote turbo??