Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

reckless driving?

Old 10-05-2007, 12:21 PM
illadelphia>va

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
teggsr925 has disabled reputation
Exclamation reckless driving?

dont kno if this is in the right place but:
i was pulled over in VA doing 92 in a 65. i have to go to court because reckless driving is a misdemeanor and its a max of 12 months in jail in $2500 fine. has anybody been pulled over for this in VA. i wanna hear what u got and how fast u were goin. im ****tin myself right now cuz i wouldnt last a day in jail n i really cant afford that ****. should i bring my own lawyer or get a court appointed one, the lady said i probably would be eligible since im a student down there at tech. should i plead guilty, the person i talked to on the phone from the court house said they rarely drop the speed when its that high.

cliff notes: pulled over for reckless driving in VA, its a misdemeanor(max 12 mo in jail/$2500 fine), has any1 gotten this? should i plead guilty?
Old 10-05-2007, 12:48 PM
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts
Default Re: reckless driving?

i got reckless driving, kit and run, and eluding police and i did 7 days. I highly doubt you will see jail time unless you have a extensive record. deff get your own lawyer.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:00 PM
go topless.

BillMW has disabled reputation

1. Get a good lawyer
2. Have your speedometer calibrated; keep the receipt and present it to the judge
3. Take a defensive driver's course; have the cetificate of completion ready
4. If you're sentenced jail time you have the right to an appeal; my friend did and didn't have to serve any jail time
5. Pray
Old 10-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Registered Member

kthxbye has disabled reputation

12 months and $2500 is the max penalty which you most likely wont get. it helps if this is your first ticket too. but get your own lawyer, if its your first ticket ask for driving school. hope and pray you catch the judge on a good day.

ive gotten two reckless tickets, but one was reduced down to improper driving. the judge i got was nice and i didnt have too big of fines, i think i ended up paying around $800 after courtfees and dmv stuff, with no jail time. that was about a year ago, unfortunatly for you, you have to deal with those stupid ass civil remidial fees unles you live in another state.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:35 PM
illadelphia>va

teggsr925 has disabled reputation

this is my first ticket, i live in pa n goto school at tech n i was on my way home.
i have a few questions:
1. should i plead guilty?
2. take a defensive driver's course before the court date? its not until nov 28
3. y should i get my speedometer recalibrated?
4. will a license suspension transfer from state to state? (kind of stupid question)
5. is there any place that i could get more info on this?
Old 10-05-2007, 04:56 PM
FUCK!

JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude

I did 95 in a 35... nothing happened to me... I bought a bitchen layer... and they'll tell you everything you need to know.... and yes.. take one before you go to court.. they'll make you take one after also most like.. don't bitch... if your spedos off by a bit... it might not be so bad.. and the rest I don't know...
Old 10-05-2007, 05:07 PM
89 Si Hatch

Gadianton Racer has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BillMW
1. Get a good lawyer
2. Have your speedometer calibrated; keep the receipt and present it to the judge
3. Take a defensive driver's course; have the cetificate of completion ready
4. If you're sentenced jail time you have the right to an appeal; my friend did and didn't have to serve any jail time
5. Pray
all good ideas...but its called a Drivers Improvement Course not Defensive Drivers Course. They are two completely different things.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Registered Member

starrenick is an unknown quantity at this point

+1 to what everyone has said so far. I have been researching this topic a LOT the last few days. I got a wreckless for speeding and I'm more than likely going to jail for a period of time. I've been told I'm pretty much fuct, since it was in Louisa County and the judge from what I hear is a real hardass. Doesn't help when my ticket was for 139 in a 65 either (I was on my bike). The cop was actually really nice though
Old 10-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Lemonparty.org

CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09

dude calibrating your speedo when goin that fast is a waist of money...when i dd 54 in a 35 and got it calibrated the judge took offense to that saying 2 mph did not make a difference when speed was that high over limit...but you can try...get a really good lawyer...and if all else fails.......DONT DROP THE SOAP!!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 05:18 PM
FUCK!

JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude

fyi my layer was 2k hah but look at the speed... eh? and it was a double wreckless...

Quick Reply: reckless driving?