Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

really tough water spot problems

Old 08-30-2004, 12:49 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick
Default Re: really tough water spot problems

Originally Posted by soulDistortion
Only if you keep doing it.

Wet sanding and buffing is a last resort, not a quick fix. If there is enough damage to warrant it, odds are there was improper care to begin with.

Ounce of prevention/pound of cure.
Sounds, good, so basically only wet-sand it before I get ready to sell it
Old 08-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

I would use rubbing compound and a wheel before I would wet sand it though. Do clay bars work as well as they say they do for this problem?
Old 08-30-2004, 01:56 PM
Registered Member

huntrcrker has a spectacular aura abouthuntrcrker has a spectacular aura abouthuntrcrker has a spectacular aura about

just quick question. you didnt wash the car in the sun did you? if you did the waterspots were probably burned into the paint maybe? i had similar problem while back just used Meguiars step 1 and step 2, and it looked brand new.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:57 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by huntrcrker
just quick question. you didnt wash the car in the sun did you? if you did the waterspots were probably burned into the paint maybe? i had similar problem while back just used Meguiars step 1 and step 2, and it looked brand new.
That will do it to you, that's why I wash the car at night
Old 08-30-2004, 04:42 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Brock... wash it with dawn, clay bar her, then use meguiars scratch X. It's more aggressive than paint cleaner but milder than 3m fine cut rubbing compound.

If the scratch X doesn't get it out... used 3m perfect it III or Meguairs professional swirl mark remover. We use it at work all the time to get scuffs and smudges off of customers cars. Most people have no idea about products like these and get super excited when you pull out your "magic" stuff.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:01 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

actually, if a normal polish (such as Duragloss 101) doesnt take it off with a high speed polisher, you can try Trizac (3000 grit sand discs) and Finesse It II. its a finer compund then Finesse It. you really just need to go over teh marks with the Trizac in a circular motion, and then go at it with a polisher and Finesse It II.

then use Duragloss 101.

i never wax cars (of course, most every one i do has fresh paint....) it seals the paint off. some people say there is no issue with it, but i have had excellent luck with polish. some good ole hand glaze and you have a shine better then Zymol or Zano wax.

at 1/4 the price.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:00 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Brock... wash it with dawn, clay bar her, then use meguiars scratch X. It's more aggressive than paint cleaner but milder than 3m fine cut rubbing compound.

If the scratch X doesn't get it out... used 3m perfect it III or Meguairs professional swirl mark remover. We use it at work all the time to get scuffs and smudges off of customers cars. Most people have no idea about products like these and get super excited when you pull out your "magic" stuff.
should I use any of these products with a buffer or strictly by hand? What does Dawn do?
Old 08-31-2004, 11:02 AM
Srsly.

Originally Posted by huntrcrker
No, the car is brand new. I bought the car with the spots already on it.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:42 PM
Registered Member

Dawn, removes the wax.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:44 PM
takin it all

HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY

Originally Posted by zexpwrd4door
wet sand and buff?

no no no, use a buffing wax, not to strong thought and hand buff/wax them out

Quick Reply: really tough water spot problems