Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

radar detectors

Old 08-24-2007, 07:39 PM
Dragva nukkas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud of
Default radar detectors

I got a question about the cobra radar detector, I know some of you have them and i was wondering which model is the undetectable one? thanks
Old 08-25-2007, 09:43 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: radar detectors

Why don't you search or look on the website

PS - Cobra is crap. Buy a V1
Old 08-25-2007, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

TrePound has disabled reputation

bell passport 8500 x50. better then v1. just doesnt have the arrows. cost about 200$ less to.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Registered Member

Mutt has disabled reputation

I have a Cobra that hides itself, but it is still detectable by SPECTRE, which is what the Virginia State Police use. To the best of my knowledge, there is not a detector on the market that can beat SPECTRE, but I'm far from an expert.

My train of thought is that a radar detector ticket is still cheaper than a speeding ticket and it doesn't effect your insurance.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Registered Member

tdrewry is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mutt

My train of thought is that a radar detector ticket is still cheaper than a speeding ticket and it doesn't effect your insurance.
+1..my thoughts exactly
Old 08-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Dragva nukkas

eurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud of

how much is the ticket?
Old 08-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

Originally Posted by Mutt
The ticket may be cheaper, but they also confiscate the radar detector.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Registered Member

Mutt has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by IMSHAKN
The ticket may be cheaper, but they also confiscate the radar detector.
.........but they are required by law to return it. Here is what the statute says:

§ 46.2-1079. Radar detectors
"A. It shall be unlawful for any person to operate a motor vehicle on the highways of the Commonwealth when such vehicle is equipped with any device or mechanism, passive or active, to detect or purposefully interfere with or diminish the measurement capabilities of any radar, laser, or other device or mechanism employed by law-enforcement personnel to measure the speed of motor vehicles on the highways of the Commonwealth for law-enforcement purposes. It shall be unlawful to use any such device or mechanism on any such motor vehicle on the highways. It shall be unlawful to sell any such device or mechanism in the Commonwealth. However, provisions of this section shall not apply to any receiver of radio waves utilized for lawful purposes to receive any signal from a frequency lawfully licensed by any state or federal agency.

"This section shall not be construed to authorize the forfeiture to the Commonwealth of any such device or mechanism. Any such device or mechanism may be taken by the arresting officer if needed as evidence, and, when no longer needed, shall be returned to the person charged with a violation of this section, or at that person's request, and his expense, mailed to an address specified by him. Any unclaimed devices may be destroyed on court order after six months have elapsed from the final date for filing an appeal.

"Except as provided in subsection B of this section, the presence of any such prohibited device or mechanism in or on a motor vehicle on the highways of the Commonwealth shall constitute prima facie evidence of the violation of this section. The Commonwealth need not prove that the device or mechanism in question was in an operative condition or being operated."
Old 08-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

I have a V1 and I am a fan.

Traveled cross country doing more than the speed limit the whole way and no tickets or even pulled over.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:38 PM
Missin' the LBG

NikkaLB23 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by eurotund757
how much is the ticket?
$30 for the detector
$51 for processing fee

equaling a grand total for $81, but this was before the new laws not sure if they changed them, I'm thinkin' they did not change.

If you want a detector undetectable by VG2s or by Spectre III then get Beltronic STi Driver, the STi is the only detector immune to VG2 and Spectre III.

To me, it makes no sense at all for police departments to waste their budget on Spectres because they don't make much profit and if you ONLY get pulled over for your detector and nothing else then you DO NOT have to go to court or receive and points.

I own a V1 and not once had any problems with it.

Quick Reply: radar detectors