Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

"Racing" seat owners: step inside

Old 11-20-2007, 07:50 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22
Default "Racing" seat owners: step inside

Well I'm looking into getting a race seat for my Mustang soon, and i'm looking for opinions on seats. I'm looking for a fixed back seat that is fairly comfortable and I fit in. The main ones I'm looking at right now are:

OMP Extra
Ultrashield Pro Road Race

For those that dont know, I'm a fairly large individual (6'2 285lbs) so I need a seat that will accomodate my girth. The car isnt daily driven, and if I do need to daily drive it I can always put a stock mustang seat in it and then swap seats before I go autocross/HDPE. I've sat in an OMP Extra, and I liked the seat, however the only thing I'm worried about is that its a tube frame constructed seat, and after sitting in Phil's Corbeau Forza (the non fatty version) the tubes are REALLY uncomfortable, and although I dont remember that from the OMP that I sat in, I didnt really spend more than 20-30 seconds in it.

The Ultrashield is an aluminum seat so It wont have the tubes pushing in on me, but i've never actually sat in one, so I dont know how comfortable they are at all. I also dont know if I'll even fit in an 18" Pro Road Race and that is as big as they get, then again the specs on the OMP Extra say it only has a 15.5" internal hip width, so maybe I will fit fine.

Any thoughts on what I should look for?
Old 11-20-2007, 08:02 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia
Default Re: "Racing" seat owners: step inside

Buddy Club Wide?

http://www.inlinefour.com/budclubracsp7.html

Momo Start?

http://www.ltbmotorsports.com/momostart2007.html

Both are pretty comfy and offer a wider size range then any other seat used in Jap cars.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:34 AM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

i would go with the buddy club one, also, any friends that have racings seats in there car?

see if you can ride/drive the car for more than an hour, possibly a day, and see if you like the seat or not
Old 11-21-2007, 11:38 AM
12 Seconds, FINALLY

MustangCRZY302 has a spectacular aura aboutMustangCRZY302 has a spectacular aura aboutMustangCRZY302 has a spectacular aura about

Mine aren't fixed back seats, but I like them a lot.. and they come in wide versions...

Old 11-22-2007, 06:21 PM
TRU
Registered Member

TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute

My friend has a Sparco Roadster for sale. He's like 6'2 250 or so, and he fit comfortably. I don't know how much he wants for it, but the cover is red (but can be switched easily).
Old 11-22-2007, 06:23 PM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Originally Posted by NO TURNS
I've sat in an OMP Extra, and I liked the seat, however the only thing I'm worried about is that its a tube frame constructed seat, and after sitting in Phil's Corbeau Forza (the non fatty version) the tubes are REALLY uncomfortable, and although I dont remember that from the OMP that I sat in, I didnt really spend more than 20-30 seconds in it.
Don't assume because a Corbeau felt like shit a similarly-constructed OMP will feel like shit. Corbeaus are garbage. OMPs are not.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:24 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

I want to look into some of the Sabelt stuff. I like the Titan.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

Get the ultrasheild. Axelerate has the pro road race in a 15 and it is very comfy. He says it gets old after a couple hours of continuous driving though.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:18 PM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

The price for Ultrasheild is very good and it will be way more supportive than the other seats you are interested in.

If something about the Pro Road Race seat doesnt fit, then bend it until it does.

I'm swapping mine though for a Cobra Suzuka, it a present to myself and it's a seat I've wanted for a LONG time.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:02 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

I'll have to try to find someone with a bigger ultrashield *cough* Brian *cough* who wants to let me sit in it and see how it is. Worse comes to worse, I can probably sell it for not much more than I paid for it, so i wont be losing much because its cheap, and if I start driving/tracking more and find its not for me, I'll look into what I didnt like about it to see who makes something thats better. The only thing I dont like about it is its not FIA approved, and it would be nice to have that extra "safe" factor.

Quick Reply: "Racing" seat owners: step inside