Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Question about my lip kit

Old 05-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these parts
Default Question about my lip kit

here's what's up. i'm new to this whole lip kit thing and i ordered a lip kit for my 99 civic and i finally got it in a few days ago. the problem i'm having is that it only came with 4 screws and no pre-drilled holes. i'm assuming i'm going to have to drill holes, but where is the best place to drill the holes? sorry if i sound ignorant but body work really isn't my specialty. thanks for all the help in advance.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:31 AM
Registered member

whiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Question about my lip kit

there has to be someone who can help me please
Old 05-08-2006, 07:59 AM
Registered Member

boogers has disabled reputation

What lip kit it it? OEM Style, WW, etc.? Your best bet is it size it up by actually putting it on just to see how good it fits. Take your time sizing it up. Have a buddy help you do it. Use some tape to cover the lip kit from scratching the body during this part. Most likely you'll drill some holes to make it fit to your preference. Double sided tape can save you a headache in some parts as well.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Registered Member

Black Z-24 Black Z-24

The screws go on the on the bottom of the bumper in the fenderwell area. Two for each side and then double sided tape.

Old 05-08-2006, 08:11 AM
ladies love my foam.

iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam

for most lips.... i've always done

2 bolts at each extremety, then 2 screws in the middle part where the lip meets the bumper.

and i've never had a problem with it.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:02 AM
HighestTraderRating

ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant*

Originally Posted by projektcivic
for most lips.... i've always done

2 bolts at each extremety, then 2 screws in the middle part where the lip meets the bumper.

and i've never had a problem with it.
he knows what hes talking bout
Old 05-08-2006, 10:13 AM
Registered Member

blwnGTS is an unknown quantity at this point

I've done two screws on both ends in the fenderwell for sure....and If I were you I would get two screws for the middle like projektcivic. I have an additional 3 mounting brackets on the other side of mine to make it extra sturdy...but my lip extends downward about 2" and the brackets came with it. You'll probably want some 3M double stick tape stuff to go all the way around the seam...and make sure you clean both the inside of the lip and the outside of your bumper with rubbing alcohol or something equivalent first so you don't get gaps over time.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Registered member

thanks alot guys i appreciate all of the info. i'll definitely do what you guys are saying. thanks again for everything
Old 05-10-2006, 03:19 PM
Registered Member

loclowd has disabled reputation

If you still need help, I can help you out. Just get a couple more self tapping screws, and go to town on the bottom part. Mine has about 7 across the bottom and two on each side by the wheel well. I sit it on curbs sometimes(It's an ABS Lip, waiting on carbon fiber one to come), and it never comes off.

Good luck to ya