Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Question about insurance

Old 02-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines
Question Question about insurance

I am 18, and still on my parents insurance (USAA). I was driving a Camry 01' for two years as an "occasional" driver (my dad was the primary driver), but ended up driving it 100% of the time and got in two accidents within this time. The insurance company NEVER asked or hinted at the fact i was only supposed to be driving the car "occasionally" but i was the only one getting in accidents in it. Now im getting a new car and it turns out if i am listed as the primary driver my insurance rate goes up about $250/6 months.

My question is: Why should I list myself as the "primary" driver if i can be an "occasional" driver and save $250/6 months?

Thanks
Old 02-11-2010, 04:37 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: Question about insurance

Originally Posted by nicbaines
I am 18, and still on my parents insurance (USAA). I was driving a Camry 01' for two years as an "occasional" driver (my dad was the primary driver), but ended up driving it 100% of the time and got in two accidents within this time. The insurance company NEVER asked or hinted at the fact i was only supposed to be driving the car "occasionally" but i was the only one getting in accidents in it. Now im getting a new car and it turns out if i am listed as the primary driver my insurance rate goes up about $250/6 months.

My question is: Why should I list myself as the "primary" driver if i can be an "occasional" driver and save $250/6 months?

Thanks
were going to need this by midnight
Old 02-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

Because an occasional driver wouldn't get into two accidents and cost them money douche bag
Old 02-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Registered Member

nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines

Originally Posted by ShawnD
Because an occasional driver wouldn't get into two accidents and cost them money douche bag
got hit by old ladies not paying attention to the stop sign and stop lights both times. not my fault, but still on my record....
Old 02-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

got hit by old ladies not paying attention to the stop sign and stop lights both times. not my fault, but still on my record....
likely story. If you want to do some lieing on your insurance have fun.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:45 PM
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx

250/6=41.6666

Stop being a pussy and pay the fucking $41. In the end, you'll need it anyway since you're a granny magnet.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Registered Member

I know its "lying on my insurance", but why shouldn't I? Its morally wrong? I don't know how they could make sure I was the primary driver, and I would rather not pay the extra $41/mon when im paying for school/gas/life.

I would ditch the idea completely, but friends of mine said they do this. After getting a quote of $750/ 6 months to drive a 94' 300zx, things aren't looking too hot
Old 02-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Why are you complaining about $41 bucks?

I pay $210 a month for my S2000 and my 88 civic hatchback on my MOMS insurance.

I would love to barely pay for insurance, but gotta pay to play.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SortaSUNK
Why are you complaining about $41 bucks?

I pay $210 a month for my S2000 and my 88 civic hatchback on my MOMS insurance.

I would love to barely pay for insurance, but gotta pay to play.

not complaining, just asking. thought someone would know about it
Old 02-11-2010, 05:06 PM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

I know its "lying on my insurance", but why shouldn't I? Its morally wrong? I don't know how they could make sure I was the primary driver, and I would rather not pay the extra $41/mon when im paying for school/gas/life.

I would ditch the idea completely, but friends of mine said they do this. After getting a quote of $750/ 6 months to drive a 94' 300zx, things aren't looking too hot

I think everyone would like to not pay an additional money percentage on their insurance and pay for school, gas, ect but it's life and it's called being responsible.

Stop bit hing and pay it, and if you can't afford it get a better job.

Quick Reply: Question about insurance