Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

question about expiration ticket

Old 02-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leadgtr has disabled reputation
Default question about expiration ticket

hey, need some help or information. Ok, brief explanation you need to know before I tell you what I got a ticket for. I'm from Roanoke and I've only been living in the Newport News area for about a year and a half (attending CNU), and I'm currently rooming with a friend in an apartment. The majority of my mail still comes to my address in Roanoke with my mom but the "important" stuff like bills I get here in Newport News.

I got a ticket for "expired plates". I can't remember what the hell I put on my plates this past october but apparently it wasn't "the new 08 stickers". Uhm...correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the DMV supposed to mail you a notification about re-newing your plates?? If I'm correct then how would the DMV go about "paying my" court costs for something they f'ed up on?? lol!
Old 02-17-2008, 05:05 AM
LickMyButthole

yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99
Default Re: question about expiration ticket

they do mail you a renewal notice, but they aren't responsible if you "forgot" to renew your tags. responsible adults are expected to keep track of those kinds of things.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:13 AM
Registered Member

spitzbergen has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by yeldak99
they do mail you a renewal notice, but they aren't responsible if you "forgot" to renew your tags. responsible adults are expected to keep track of those kinds of things.

X2
Old 02-17-2008, 05:43 AM
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

If you get it taken care of, usually it will be thrown out in court. Judges understand that sometimes things happen and a decal is the furthest from your mind. You may even be able to get the clerk of courts to dismiss it.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:46 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by yeldak99
uhmm, well excuse me but what would the point of renewal notices be if "responsible" adults were completely "responsible" for remembering and keeping track of that kinda thing? It's called a "life", the DMV knows that and they send notices like that out for a reason! I for one am a full time college student with a 16 credit class course load this semester with "work" on top of that. Now, if the DMV failed to send me a notice.....do you REALLY think I'm going to remember that little detail about my car with my academics staring me straight in the face?
Old 02-17-2008, 06:46 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by IMSHAKN
If you get it taken care of, usually it will be thrown out in court. Judges understand that sometimes things happen and a decal is the furthest from your mind. You may even be able to get the clerk of courts to dismiss it.
Thank you! you seem to be on par!
Old 02-17-2008, 06:51 AM
Registered Member

lawabidn can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Leadgtr
uhmm, well excuse me but what would the point of renewal notices be if "responsible" adults were completely "responsible" for remembering and keeping track of that kinda thing? It's called a "life", the DMV knows that and they send notices like that out for a reason! I for one am a full time college student with a 16 credit class course load this semester with "work" on top of that. Now, if the DMV failed to send me a notice.....do you REALLY think I'm going to remember that little detail about my car with my academics staring me straight in the face?
awful touchy arent we?

I don't think it was meant to call you wreckless or anything. Get new stickers. Go to court and maybe get it thrown out in court. Now THATS "life"

good day!
Old 02-17-2008, 06:58 AM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

Originally Posted by Leadgtr
It's a law dude. They have to be renewed. Do they care if you're in school, have 16 kids, no babies momma and no job.....Nope!
Old 02-17-2008, 07:10 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by j4k3
It's a law dude. They have to be renewed. Do they care if you're in school, have 16 kids, no babies momma and no job.....Nope!
lol your missing my point!! Isn't that PARTLY their fault if they fail to send out a renewal notice???!!
Old 02-17-2008, 07:11 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by lawabidn
awful touchy arent we?

I don't think it was meant to call you wreckless or anything. Get new stickers. Go to court and maybe get it thrown out in court. Now THATS "life"

good day!
haha! I WISH I had the time to take it to court and get it thrown out! I'll have to pre-pay the ticket. I have no other choice, even if the DMV is partly at fault! My class schedule is pretty wicked!

Quick Reply: question about expiration ticket