Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Quality torque wrench?

Old 03-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud of
Default Quality torque wrench?

I want to buy a good torque wrench with accurate readings. What kinds do you all use and how are they holding up over time? Should i get a digital one?

I live near animal jungle on holland road. I have an air compressor. Can some one lend me an imapct gun so i can take of my fly wheel off?
Old 03-02-2007, 06:22 PM
I'M FROM 02' NOT 07'

forum troll has disabled reputation
Default Re: Quality torque wrench?

craftsman
Old 03-02-2007, 06:23 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

Snap-On torque wrench. Digital is a luxury you only need if the wrench is making you money and you're using it a lot.

You have an air compressor and no impact? Buy yourself an Ingersol-Rand Titanium. Air tools are the one place where Snap-On doesn't make the best stuff.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Registered Member

MookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud of

okay, no digital.

Is there some brand that makes exceptional torque wrenches?
Old 03-02-2007, 06:49 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

Originally Posted by MookHaasa
okay, no digital.

Is there some brand that makes exceptional torque wrenches?
Snap-On.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Originally Posted by The Wok
Snap-On.
+1
Old 03-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

Woodpsuher50mm has disabled reputation

Snap-on is the best out there but kind of pricey
Old 03-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

I'm in consensus with everyone else on Snap-on, however, their prices are outrageous. A Craftsman torque wrench is going to be great tool for a shade tree mechanic like yourself and it will cost half the price. Not to mention, the Craftsman tool will have a lifetime warranty regardless.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Registered Member

jhart32589 is an unknown quantity at this point

a snap on digital will be the best choice. it may be a luxury but when you get old and that thing is still hanging on at least you'll be able to see what you are setting it to.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Uno Mas

p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone

Originally Posted by XCELR8
I'm in consensus with everyone else on Snap-on, however, their prices are outrageous. A Craftsman torque wrench is going to be great tool for a shade tree mechanic like yourself and it will cost half the price. Not to mention, the Craftsman tool will have a lifetime warranty regardless.
Agreed 100%. Snap-On digital torque wrenchs start in the low 300's on their site while Craftsman digital ones are 100 on their site. Unless you do this work for a living, Id opt for the Craftsman. Its not so much that Snap-On makes the BEST tools, its that Craftsman doesnt make bad ones. They are quite exceptional for their cost.

Last edited by p-stone; 03-03-2007 at 02:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Quality torque wrench?