Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Potential WRX owner---seeking info

Old 03-14-2010, 07:49 PM
has a huge dong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER
Default Potential WRX owner---seeking info

I have googled and searched, but didn't find too much real world useful opinions. Hopefully some
locals can help

I am looking for a WRX, for $10k or lower, with less than 100k on the clock. Feesable? What years would I be looking at?
Are they good cars? Reliable?
What are common issues to look for?
How expensive is mantainance on average?

Any help would be appreciated. Before I start looking, I was thinking I should get as much info as possible to see if this car is right for me!
Old 03-14-2010, 08:19 PM

Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of
Default Re: Potential WRX owner---seeking info

i have 65k on my 04 and dont have any significant problems.

some 'common problems' from what i remember reading
- weak tranny (no problem here thus far knock on wood)
- shitty paint (my front bumper is pretty beat)
- windshield cracks (mine did after like 60k)

if i had to get a wrx id get an 06 tr or a 05 wrx. they might not be under $10k yet but its a step up from the previous years. 05 wrx came with painted side skirts and a much nicer interior. 06 wrx came with a 2.5L.

http://www.cars101.com/impreza.html has a comprehensive list of model year differences.

you should also consider buying a 00-01 impreza rs coupe and doing a wrx swap. those are tits

Last edited by Kim Jong Illin; 03-14-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:20 PM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

$10k with less than 100k? eh... not really. unless it has some issues.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:23 PM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

I got my 02 for 12k from carmax a year ago, and it had 60k miles. Haven't had a single problem with it.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:23 PM

Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kim Jong Illin'
$10k with less than 100k? eh... not really. unless it has some issues.

or a bugeye.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Banned

R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King

i like bugeyes
Old 03-14-2010, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by jOOOOwan
i like bugeyes
i like you
Old 03-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

04s had painted sideskirts as an option.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:31 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

youll find plenty of 02-03 bugeyes for sale for less than 10k. They may have more than 100k miles on them but thats something your gonna have to live with. You can always swap a fresh motor in later on. Youll be hard pressed to find one with less than a 100k for that price unless the body or some other part of the car has issues. Fortunately their good cars, about the only real widespread problems with the bugeyes was already mentioned. Mine had crazy electrical issues, but other then that it never had a problem. I have an 05 sti now and zero issues as of right now. Maintenance is no more than any other similarly priced car, not too bad at all. not as cheap as a civic, but not as expensive as a bmw or anything.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:33 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by Kim Jong Illin

you should also consider buying a 00-01 impreza rs coupe and doing a wrx swap. those are tits

You know damn well an rs like that would be outrageously priced. Ive seen them swapped going for like 18k. haha, thats laughable. was previously looking for one for my buddy and they were just stupidly priced even without swaps. I understand they are wanted because of their weight and swap potential. But they are definitely overpriced.

Quick Reply: Potential WRX owner---seeking info