Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Possible Display Car(s) needed this weekend...

Old 10-25-2004, 07:17 PM
Resident Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dasboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Possible Display Car(s) needed this weekend...

I may be needing a car or two for display this weekend, if anyone is interested. I would be needing an older type Muscle Car, such as a Pro-Street Mustang, or any super clean Muscle Car, and a "Fast and Furious" type car (Exotic Import) as well, if things work out. I won't know until tomorrow or Wednesday for sure. You would probably need to be positioned at the car for an extended period of time, but I am working on that issue and hopefully will have an answer by tomorrow if they are even going to need this help.

This is for a non-profit Film Festival, dedicated to the theme of "Speed." This year, Sandra Bullock will be there to accept an award and do interviews about the movies she did-I hope to snag one of those interviews! They will also be showing movies from Thursday through Sunday related to this theme. The famous "Bullit" movie will be shown and the stuntman who doubled for Steve McQueen will be there to explain his parts. It should be quite a show if anyone wants to come out. This will all take place on UVA's campus.

PM me with a pic and info if you have a car that you would like to bring for our display. I am covering the event for the Virginia Racing Network, and told them I may be bringing a few cars out. This would be an excellent chance to get seen by many top Producers and Directors, and at the least, have a great time. Some of the showings have already sold out, but there will be many things going on that you could come out to see. I am thinking of going for a bit on Friday, but not sure on Saturday or Sunday yet. I have to get more info first.

Later,
Robert
Hoverspeed@usa.net
Old 10-25-2004, 07:18 PM
Classified Moderator

Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby
Default Re: Possible Display Car(s) needed this weekend...

what about speedwagons??
Old 10-25-2004, 08:57 PM
Japanese Disease

NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX

Originally Posted by scooby03
what about speedwagons??
or the better sedan version
Old 10-26-2004, 04:32 AM
Resident Pilot

dasboost is an unknown quantity at this point

I just received another email:

We are delighted that you will attend the Virginia Film Festival and as you know there are a variety of films that your audience would enjoy. One special press event that I hope you can attend is an informal press conference with John Warner, Jr. and his father, Senator John Warner on Saturday at 3:15 pm at the Culbreth Theater before the screening of his world premiere The Golden Era of NASCAR. This is the last of his trilogy of racing films and we are excited to be able to present it for the first time to the public. Would it be possible for you to post this information on your website as we would like to encourage people to attend. The film screens at 4:00pm on Saturday. Please feel free to call me to review other racing films prior to the festival start or check out the website at Va Film Festival

I responded and will be hearing back from her sometime today about the cars needed. Check out the website if you are interested in attending. I should be getting an interview with Loren Janes, the stunt coordinator of "Bullitt," who inspired the Mustang Bullitt. Mustang enthsuiasts should come out for this showing and he will be there to answer questions after the film on Saturday. Check that site for the times.

Thanks,
Robert

Last edited by dasboost; 10-26-2004 at 04:36 AM.