Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Popped my cherry!

Old 08-20-2003, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

Officer P. Edmunds.. state cop.. also, if the calibration is off how can the tell how far off? then tell me how fast I truely was going? would it increse my speed or decrease it? if it is off then the charge of speeding at 71 mph in a 55 I would be found innocent.. if it is off.. then they would need a specific speed to charge me with.. they can't just say i was speeding...but i like to argue lol
Old 08-20-2003, 12:51 PM
H22AHH

93LudeSi is an unknown quantity at this point

i believe they can cailbrate it the same was as a car...therefore if the calibration was off 5 mph...they would reduce ur ticket to 66/55
Old 08-20-2003, 01:10 PM

I don't think they would reduce the ticket.. I was given a ticket of 71/55.. if the calibration is off then I am innocent of 71/55.. therefore the ticket would get dismissed. The law doesn't bend too many rules.. but I will need to get some legal counseling on this one to review the laws of the state and Chesapeake (I belive since it was a State Trooper in Chesapeake.)
Old 08-20-2003, 01:38 PM
MOB
Versus1

MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB

I work in that area also and you have to be very careful right there. State Police are always swarming that area especially between Indian River and Greenbriar. They also have that Z28 that sits their in the median catching people all day. I once counted 6 different cars and 6 different State Police cars all citing tickets between Greenbrier and Indian River alone all at the same time.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:19 PM
Metallic Pigeon

EFI 4-EYE is on a distinguished road

man, just go to court. Chances are they will offer you traffic school if you don't have a bad record. No big deal. I don't think I'd waste money on a lawyer for something like that.. just me though
Old 08-20-2003, 02:31 PM

sargeek1975 is an unknown quantity at this point

Get a lawyer. If you think you need one only for comfort you're in trouble. Regardless of how many other tickets you have gotten dropped.
Old 08-20-2003, 03:33 PM
Egz
Registered Member

Egz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by six out 6
yea, but if I can get the equipment checked and if the calibration is off then the ticket is dropped...so I'ma hope for the best
Thats awefully high hoping. Maybe you should have a plan-B perhaps?
Old 08-20-2003, 04:23 PM

VT_453 is an unknown quantity at this point

Radar is calibrated every time it is operated (or is supposed to via tuning forks), even turning it on initiates a self test. Most departments have calibration records on file in whatever their home court is, I am going to be honest with you, its like less then a 1 percent chance your gonna catch them in a calibration error, especially a trooper who only deals with traffic. I suggest a plan B.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:34 PM

Originally posted by EFI 4-EYE
man, just go to court. Chances are they will offer you traffic school if you don't have a bad record. No big deal. I don't think I'd waste money on a lawyer for something like that.. just me though

This will be "Plan-B". I think asking for help, and leaning for traffic school.. it will be better than a fine.. This is the 3rd ticket and thats it for me.. I don't want to deal with policeman or court about stupid things like this anymore.. I just had court yesterday, I thought they were done with court.. ugh!
Old 08-20-2003, 06:11 PM
H22AHH

93LudeSi is an unknown quantity at this point

you'll most likely get the fine and traffic court...at least i have everytime

Quick Reply: Popped my cherry!