Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Polishing Intake Manifold

Old 08-21-2010, 09:30 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondabomdc5 hondabomdc5 hondabomdc5 hondabomdc5 hondabomdc5 hondabomdc5 hondabomdc5 hondabomdc5 hondabomdc5 hondabomdc5 hondabomdc5
Default Polishing Intake Manifold

I have a 05 Rsx Type S, and I have an RBC Intake Manifold that I bought for it. I would like to have the manifold polished. I have been looking around and trying to find a shop that I could call and get an estimate from. However, I have had 0 luck and was wondering if anybody could help me out and refer me to a shop or tell me of their experiences with getting parts polished. Thanks
Old 08-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Polishing Intake Manifold

Look in the Yellow Pages for metal finishing companies if you haven't already. Don't know if there are any listed, but that's what they are usually listed under.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Banned

fluxhomemade fluxhomemade fluxhomemade fluxhomemade fluxhomemade fluxhomemade fluxhomemade fluxhomemade fluxhomemade fluxhomemade

Originally Posted by hondabomdc5
I have a 05 Rsx Type S, and I have an RBC Intake Manifold that I bought for it. I would like to have the manifold polished. I have been looking around and trying to find a shop that I could call and get an estimate from. However, I have had 0 luck and was wondering if anybody could help me out and refer me to a shop or tell me of their experiences with getting parts polished. Thanks
If your looking for a polish for looks then you can save money and do it yourself, if your looking for polishing the inside, check out Abacus Racing they worked some on my 4g63 mani a few years back

Last edited by fluxhomemade; 08-21-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Registered Member

hondabomdc5 hondabomdc5 hondabomdc5 hondabomdc5 hondabomdc5 hondabomdc5 hondabomdc5 hondabomdc5 hondabomdc5 hondabomdc5 hondabomdc5

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Look in the Yellow Pages for metal finishing companies if you haven't already. Don't know if there are any listed, but that's what they are usually listed under.
no i havent looked in the phone book. I was just hoping that some people on here knew of some good local shops around the 757 that werent to pricey
Old 08-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by fluxhomemade
If your looking for a polish for looks then you can save money and do it yourself, if your looking for polishing the inside, check out Abacus Racing they worked some on my 4g63 mani a few years back
i want it polished for looks. I was gonna do it myself, but to be honest i really dont feel like doing it. It looks like a pain in the butt, and i read a diy somewhere and.... yeah i just dont wanna mess with it, so that is why im trying to find a shop that will do it for me
Old 08-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

BUMP..... so nobody on here knows of any shops in the 757 the polish???
Old 08-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Here's my 3 minutes of time donated to helping you out today:

Google told me this: http://www.zeemachines.com/index.html

Also do a search for (and then call) the powdercoating places that everyone asks about 3 times a week on here. Many powdercoating places polish also.

Also look up McKay's Plating Company in the phone book. I don't even live in VA anymore and I found that, without a phone book.
Also look up Guild Platers Inc in Louisa, they advertise decorative polishing too.

Have you really not done any legwork on this other than making a forum thread? I'm not trying to be a dick, but I don't think you've actually tried to find anyone yet.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 08-25-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:03 PM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

fabrik8 this is vadriven, no one searches and I am appalled that you would even fathom that.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Registered Member

ok guys, i have tried searching.... i found a motocycle place , but wasnt sure if they would do a car manifold or not. I have not called any powdercoating places because i didnt realize that they did polishing there. I have also been asking all of my friends and people at work if they know anywhere that do polishing...nobody knows. Im SOO sorry for not knowing everything that you guys know. I really appreciate the help from some people that have given me some useful information, but how come everything i alwasy hear about vadriven members is that they are straight up dicks, and i guess that seems to be my conclusion also...but to those who have helped... thanks
Old 08-26-2010, 07:04 PM
Registered Member

by the way, i did search and found the zee's custom bike shop a couple weeks ago, but i havent called them or emailed them because all they talked about was bikes and i know alot of car places wont work on bikes and vis versa, so i havent called them, but i will call them tomorrow

Quick Reply: Polishing Intake Manifold