Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.
View Poll Results: Do you value more than straight line speed?
Yes.
79.59%
No.
18.37%
Im takin the 5th on this one.
2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Please be honest.

Old 04-13-2003, 08:27 PM
i probably hate you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts
Default Please be honest.

Do you value more than straight line speed? Can you and youre actions back your answere up (the car you got and why you got it, your mods, do you get really upset knowing that a car is faster than you in a straight line, etc.)? No one is judging you, its all personal preferance, theres no right or wrong so please be honest with us and yourself.

Last edited by Mr.2; 04-13-2003 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-13-2003, 08:34 PM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

isn't that question a little too vague? I'm sure everyone on this board values more than straight line speed, or else they'd be driving funny cars to work everyday.
Old 04-13-2003, 08:45 PM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

sorry if it seems vauge. im just looking at like this: most people seem to judge cars by the 1/4mile time, 0-60 time, and so on. nobody seems to look at a cars overall preformance. personally i look at slolam speed, braking distance, how many g's it can hold on a skid pad of as much or of more value than straight line speed. what matters more to you? some people get mad when someones car is faster than theirs. the way i look at it i think "so what? theres allways going to be someone faster than you. you may be faster than me in a straight line but i can out handle and out brake you." for some its the total opposite. people seem to get touchy when you say that all they care about is straight line speed. its not a bad thing, its personaly preferance. im just curious what people on here think...
Old 04-13-2003, 08:50 PM
i probably hate you

i really dont know what i just said in that last post. i started typing and spaced out. heh... its kinda like this. some people will buy a car, have a stupid powerband with high total power, have suspension mods that only lend to dragracing, have fats and skinnies and then theyll say that they value a cars overall preformance. they my friend are in denial.
Old 04-13-2003, 10:04 PM
registered derp

lolololol has disabled reputation

this is why i'm gettin the 03 accord sport. so i can do every single god damn thing on earth to it and attempt to make it the most versatile car ever. key word: attempt.
i'm talkin about top end, 1/4, 1/8, slalom, rally, any and every single damn thing in existence. .......um.....define spacing out...
Old 04-13-2003, 11:34 PM
Swollen Member

Zinister is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, any one who spends their entire life at a test-n-tune dragstrip and yearns only for straight-line speed is either laterally challenged, or does not appreciate physics. An automobile should be judged on its acceleration, handling, braking and overall ability to perform. The slalom, indeed, is an effective judge of a great car.
Old 04-14-2003, 12:34 AM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

well oops i voted no by accident... :/ meant to vote yes
Old 04-14-2003, 01:21 AM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

Originally posted by Victum
well oops i voted no by accident... :/ meant to vote yes
changed it for you guy.
Old 04-14-2003, 01:29 AM
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

To me it depends on what car I have.... I have driven AWD,RWD, and FWD cars. With AWD and RWD I would like to Drift but FWD I would take it stright.
Old 04-14-2003, 03:00 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

i do value straight line speed very much, very, very much, but i also like to hit the corners up on my way to work and try to push the limits of the car , there not very high limits but its still fun, i value handling, acceleration, and straight line speed the most.........

Quick Reply: Please be honest.