Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

PLEASE HELP...bent wheel repair

Old 12-17-2003, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CleanDSM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PLEASE HELP...bent wheel repair

I just got these wheels like 2 months ago and today I bent the f*uck out of the front one in the f*cking McDonalds parking lot. I'm pretty pissed. Is there anywhere in our area that can repair three piece forged wheels like mine? Here are some pics:

Before:

After:

Old 12-17-2003, 10:51 AM
PandaMania

BigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these parts

craft machine shop, alloy of va, tread quaters.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:01 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

you tore those HRE's up. how exactly did you do it? nice car.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:40 AM

Thanks for the quick replies. Does anyone have any experience with any of those shops.

I bent them by driving directly into a curb in the middle of the parking lot. I was trying to steer around a big lifted truck at like 3 mph and then all of sudden I heard and felt a huge thud. I did not see the curb at all. It sounds pretty stupid I know, but its right in the middle of the parking lot by the drive-in serving no purpose at all. Oh well. I have made some calls and it sounds like it will cost about 150 to 300 to fix...which sucks. Thanks again guys.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:48 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthr...threadid=35365
Old 12-17-2003, 11:48 AM
Team InaMo Racing

1tyme is an unknown quantity at this point

838-0721... ask for wayne...
Old 12-17-2003, 05:14 PM
common person

callsdubs is a splendid one to beholdcallsdubs is a splendid one to beholdcallsdubs is a splendid one to beholdcallsdubs is a splendid one to beholdcallsdubs is a splendid one to beholdcallsdubs is a splendid one to beholdcallsdubs is a splendid one to beholdcallsdubs is a splendid one to behold

i'm pretty sure HRE offers replacement lips for 100-150 a lip. But that's only if you'd want to send it off and be without it for a little bit...I currently have a lip that was damaged by the lame ass dealership, they got it repaired but I'm gonna get a new lip because I can tell it's been repaired.

do yourself a favor and get it replaced, not repaired....you'll know the difference.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:50 PM
Registered member

ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN

damn, what happen to your dsm dude... shit was nice. sorry to hear about the rim..
Old 12-18-2003, 09:41 AM

I sold the DSM this summer. I hated to see it go. I sold it to some kids in Indiana off the dsmtuners board. Before I sold it I put in a ACT clutch, and that made a ton of difference. My new car is nowhere near as fast as the DSM, but I still like it. It much more practical as a daily driver.

Thanks for the post about the replacement. I called HRE yesterday and they said that a new lip would be 225 + 75 for labor + shipping both ways with a two week turnaround. The wheel is currently at Craft Repair getting fixed for much less than that. I should have new pictures up today or tommorrow for everyone.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:11 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

http://www.cavcars.com/forum/showthr...t=wheel+repair

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP...bent wheel repair