Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Paul Dana (IRL) tragedy

Old 03-26-2006, 12:21 PM
Awesome.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E
Default Paul Dana (IRL) tragedy

For those that don't know, here's the story from ESPN.com:

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/s...d=1&id=2384873

R.I.P.

Was the IRL correct in running the race mere hours after the tragedy?
Old 03-26-2006, 02:08 PM
4 to go

Cary Cary Cary Cary Cary Cary Cary Cary Cary Cary Cary
Default Re: Paul Dana (IRL) tragedy

It would be very tough to live through the kind of impact that Dana faced, and Ed Carpenter is so lucky to have not have broken anything. On whether or not the race should have been postponed, I think that the dangers of racing at this caliber are and have traditionaly been accepted as part of the lifestyles that professional racers lead. In that sense, the race should go on and proper respects will be paid after it. As seen after the race, winner Dan Wheldon didn't stop to chat with the media about his victory, and there wasn't much celebrating by any of the team members.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

i saw it on the news earlier...very sad...
Old 03-26-2006, 02:14 PM
I <3 BOOST

Iceman05 is an unknown quantity at this point

it's very sad, but i think logistically it wouldve been a nightmare to try and reschedule the race. I mean, all those fans who had plans would have had to change them and i think it was an acceptable move on the part of the IRL.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:54 PM
i like prom.

urvtecs2slo has disabled reputation

shouldnt have run it. i applaud his teammates for not running the race.

rip.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:29 PM
kosher jew

bseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these parts

i agree they shouldnt of had the race but at least his team mates pulled out

rip
Old 03-26-2006, 05:00 PM
squad up!!!

To0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Cary
It would be very tough to live through the kind of impact that Dana faced, and Ed Carpenter is so lucky to have not have broken anything. On whether or not the race should have been postponed, I think that the dangers of racing at this caliber are and have traditionaly been accepted as part of the lifestyles that professional racers lead. In that sense, the race should go on and proper respects will be paid after it. As seen after the race, winner Dan Wheldon didn't stop to chat with the media about his victory, and there wasn't much celebrating by any of the team members.
Exactly..

And now Danica and Buddy have now lost an entire season for not racing today..
Old 03-26-2006, 05:06 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

I do not think the race should have been run today.

The logistics being messed up should have never been a factor. They could have taken today off, given the league a day of mourning, and run the race tomorrow. I would imagine that plans are in place for such a predicament in the case of rain, so I can't imagine it not being able to happen. The fans that were unable to stay the extra day would understand for the most part.

Secondly, the IRL is punishing two of it's premiere drivers because they did not run today, mere hours after their team mate perished on the very same racetrack they were to run.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:33 PM
GAYFISH LOVE

Israel is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by urvtecs2slo
shouldnt have run it. i applaud his teammates for not running the race.

rip.
+1 RIP
Old 03-26-2006, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

PARKWAY RACER has disabled reputation

I FEEL THE RACE SHOULD HAVE BEEN PUT OFF UNTIL A BETTER TIME.