Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

password jdm or ARC induction?

Old 11-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
derekuda derekuda derekuda derekuda derekuda derekuda derekuda derekuda derekuda derekuda derekuda
Default password jdm or ARC induction?

name: derek
car: 95 ex coupe

i just swapped in a b16a2 in my car...actually picking it up next week... and i've been trying to decide on what intake to get. ive driven an ek with a b16 and the password jdm whale dick intake and was pretty satisfied with the power, but im pretty interested in the ARC induction boxes. they look super clean and seem to be pretty useful but i cant find any good reviews or hard specs. theyre a bit more money too but i was just trying to get some feedback to see if you guys think the ARC is worth the money or any other suggestions on what i should get. thanks!
Old 11-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Still spinnin'

Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n
Default Re: password jdm or ARC induction?

V-stack
Old 11-08-2008, 04:08 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

I'm a big fan of the Comptec ICEbox setups. They have a factory looking style box, a v-stack on the bottom of the box with a cold air extension. Plus a polished pipe with a nice coupler.

I had a whale dick on a all motor setup, it made power.
I've had a AEM 3inch ITR intake, it made good power but it was a cold air.

IMO, Comptec. Order it from WeakSauce.

Do you have the Intake Air Temp sensor on the intake manifold or the intake?
Future goals for the car?
Old 11-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Registered Member

ludeluva has disabled reputation

ARC Intake isnt really a "power" adder. Its more of a engine dressup accessory. Id get both and swap them out for shows and go ^_^ But thats just me =\
Old 11-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Registered Member

temp2 will become famous soon enoughtemp2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by derekuda
name: dumbass
car: 95 ex coupe

i just swapped in a b16a2 in my car...actually picking it up next week...

then you didnt just swap it..
Old 11-09-2008, 08:17 AM
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

any intake that sits inside the bay is going to heatsoak except the comptec and arc... they are not made to make power.. but made from R&D... and quality..
Old 11-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Registered member

derekuda derekuda derekuda derekuda derekuda derekuda derekuda derekuda derekuda derekuda derekuda

Originally Posted by temp2
then you didnt just swap it..
whatev. same shit. you know what car i have and what engine. im trying to get some good input on what i get so i dont waste time and money. keep your neg bullshit to yourself bro. no harm intended
Old 11-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by BoostinRFL
any intake that sits inside the bay is going to heatsoak except the comptec and arc... they are not made to make power.. but made from R&D... and quality..
Any intake with metal parts will heatsoak, including the ARC and Icebox. I assume you're talking about drawing intake air from inside the engine bay vs. outside the engine bay (which is very different than heatsoak)..? Plastics or whatever materials (thermoset plastics like carbon fiber/epoxy, etc) have a lower thermal conductivity are the only way to fight heatsoak. If you remove heat from the inside of the intake faster than you can conduct it through the walls of the intake, you don't have any problems. Metals are only a problem while sitting still usually, because the airmass in the intake is low, and there is a lot of ambient heating of the intake because there isn't any moving air in the engine bay. Kinda like the top mount intercooler on WRXs..

Whatever gets air from outside the engine bay, or close to the outside of the engine bay, is going to give you the best power. Intake shape, etc., doesn't have nearly as much bearing on engine power as the air temp does.

Honestly they're all going to work roughly the same; you can't do a heck of a lot to improve on flow or temp once you've followed the standard design rules for making a decent air intake. There are incremental gains to be found but I don't really know if they're worth the big jumps in price. Get something that works, and spend the money somewhere else making more power instead of buying a really expensive intake system.

Both the Comptech and ARC are nice, but both are prices. They're both just a shielded airbox with a short ram intake and filter. I guess I'd choose the Comptech because it's cheaper.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 11-09-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Reef tank addict

phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber

comptech ftw
Old 11-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Registered Member

temp2 will become famous soon enoughtemp2 will become famous soon enough

like others said, go with one designed to avoid heatsoak

Quick Reply: password jdm or ARC induction?