Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Opinion needed on price of Hondata

Old 04-20-2006, 06:51 PM
braap braap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Opinion needed on price of Hondata

Ok. Well some of you know, some don't, I'm saving to boost my car.

Right now, I have a FMU and a missing link; and I was planning on running 7 pounds.

My buddy has Hondata S200 w/ boost option in a OBD-1 P28; but wants to upgrade to S300; for the ease of tuning.

He's a good friend of mine, and I don't wanna rip him. He's hooked me up alot; and I mean alot.

It'd be the full S200 setup, just wire it up, and go to the dyno.

What do I offer? I'm thinking of getting him another P28, so he can use the S300, and I keep his P28. (and no, I'm not giving up my P30).
Old 04-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Banned

KyleVA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Opinion needed on price of Hondata

your turbo setup suxxxx!
Old 04-20-2006, 07:07 PM
Japanese Disease

NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX

i'd say 500$...not to be a dick or anything, but if he's trying to sell something HE should have an idea of what it's worth and what he is willing to get for it. So even if you low ball, if he agrees to it...than it's really his own fault.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:10 PM
braap braap

Originally Posted by NEO_WRX
i'd say 500$...not to be a dick or anything, but if he's trying to sell something HE should have an idea of what it's worth and what he is willing to get for it. So even if you low ball, if he agrees to it...than it's really his own fault.
I do understand this.

BUT. He's a really good friend of mine, and he's helping me out with alot of stuff, cars and non-cars.

I don't want to rip him off, but I don't know how the prices fall with Hondata.

Kyle, just paid 425 for his with a P28.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:32 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Let him keep his P28 and you should use your P30 with the Hondata. It's the same ECU (once it's chipped) but the P30 has a knock sensor board. The mods for Hondata use are virtually identical to standard chipping (there isn't anything magical about Hondata, you're just chipping your ECU with a Hondata program and adding one connector for the S200 copyright box) and that would be cheaper than buying a P28 for your buddy. It's very easy to return your P30 back to stock also, so if you sell your Hondata system then you can still use your P30. There is no need to buy another ECU, your P30 is better than a P28.

For sake of discussion, P28 street price is $100 generally, any more than that is too much. P30s are more $$. Chipping for Hondata is the same as regular chipping and should cost about $50-60. I used to do a lot of Hondata prep before I moved.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 04-21-2006 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:44 PM
braap braap

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Let him keep his P28 and you should use your P30 with the Hondata. It's the same ECU (once it's chipped) but the P30 has a knock sensor board. The mods for Hondata use are virtually identical to standard chipping (there isn't anything magical about Hondata, you're just chipping your ECU with a Hondata program and adding one connector for the S200 copyright box) and that would be cheaper than buying a P28 for your buddy. It's very easy to return your P30 back to stock also, so if you sell your Hondata system then you can still use your P30. There is no need to buy another ECU, your P30 is better than a P28.

For sake of discussion, P28 street price is $100 generally, any more than that is too much. P30s are more $$. Chipping for Hondata is the same as regular chipping and should cost about $50-60. I used to do a lot of Hondata prep before I moved.
Appreciate it.

When I made this thread, I thought about asking you, but thought I had annoyed you enough.. haha.

The whole ordeal with the gas prices makes me scared. IDK if I wanna boost anymore .
Old 04-22-2006, 06:30 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

It's a turbo. Keep your foot out of it and it won't get thirsty until you tell it to..
Old 04-22-2006, 08:42 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

I think everyone knows you want to/are putting a turbo kit on your car. Is this Roy's S200? If it is, just ask him how much he wants for it. He shouldn't rip you, or cheat himself out of money.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:13 AM
braap braap

Originally Posted by SignfcntOthr
I think everyone knows you want to/are putting a turbo kit on your car. Is this Roy's S200? If it is, just ask him how much he wants for it. He shouldn't rip you, or cheat himself out of money.
I'm just getting opinions. And, yah it's his. He wants S300.

Turbokit>me.

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
It's a turbo. Keep your foot out of it and it won't get thirsty until you tell it to..
Somewhere in your sentence, lies the problem .
Old 04-22-2006, 04:05 PM
Registered Member

Dan1356 is an unknown quantity at this point

It would cost about $500 new if you showed up with the ECU and said that you wanted Hondata. So I wouldn't offer him that, just for the sake of arguement.
Dan

Quick Reply: Opinion needed on price of Hondata