Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Old Rice

Old 02-06-2003, 09:37 PM
mD5
back in ther vvti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mD5 is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm a racing team i'm officially starting team randy. and only people with names that begin with r and end in andy can be in it so blah!

but aside from that whole shabang, why would you even attempt that swap. is it really worth it? i'm sure you could find a pinto and a 350 for cheaper than it would be to undergo that kind of surgery. i'm not saying it cant be done because money is everyones boundry. but thinking realistically....that is an unrealistic goal. personally i think money could be better spent. if you want to be original get a civic or crx and mount the engine in the rear (although you wouldnt be the first to do this but it'd be really outgoing)
Old 02-07-2003, 06:22 AM
Banned

3s-gtemr2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by B18Caccrd82htch
your sure welcome to come and see it if you dont believe me, and the team, for those of you who doubt, is Team Import Evolution.
importevolution.cjb.net
we believe you, but it don't mean shit. i took a look at all the cars in your club and i'm not very impressed. i could make up my own team and then say i'm in a team. it doesn't mean anything little man.
Old 02-07-2003, 06:26 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK
Default Re: Old Rice

Thats right, old rice. I am the very proud owner of a primer grey 1982 Honda Accord Hatch. Believe it or not, i am trying to drop a Gsr or B20 in it. If anyone knows places around Va Bch that can do custom motor mounts and/or custom bodywork, i would appreciate it emensly if you could tell me. Its a rollin chassis right now, but its gonna beast. also check out my thread in 'for sale'.
Thanks

check this site out they did a b20 vtec in a 84 civic hatch

http://hcoc.2u.com.my/2gen.htm
Old 02-07-2003, 06:36 AM
Banned

3s-gtemr2 is an unknown quantity at this point

im not gonna buy a freakin civic and be a follower, i'll keep this and be a leader.
i'll tell you what, i know a guy selling a 1990 eagle premier. 3.0 V6, 64k miles, it's an import, and i promise you will never come across anyone else with one of these cars. $1000 man. come on, be a leader, get this car.
Old 02-07-2003, 06:51 AM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

That Civic... You just have to wonder "why?"
Old 02-07-2003, 07:04 AM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

I like this kids thinking.. if it wasnt so damn expensive.. Im not a honda guy but the price guessing was kinda steap.. I say get a nice old pinto in fair condition rip the motor out and put a FORD motor in it.. not a damn 350.. that isnt the universal engine... and good luck.. I was 15 with sereral dreams too.. non of which worked out.. but I think I ended up better than any of them would have got me.. just go with what is infront of you.. dont plan too far ahead.. something always comes up
Old 02-07-2003, 08:17 AM
Golden Girls #1 Fan!

'90Formula350 is infamous around these parts'90Formula350 is infamous around these parts'90Formula350 is infamous around these parts'90Formula350 is infamous around these parts'90Formula350 is infamous around these parts'90Formula350 is infamous around these parts'90Formula350 is infamous around these parts'90Formula350 is infamous around these parts'90Formula350 is infamous around these parts'90Formula350 is infamous around these parts'90Formula350 is infamous around these parts

I was still looking for this Race car Team ... maybe my idea of a Race Car Team and this kids are totally different ... and see when I was 15 I was on a Race Car Team ... B&B Racing Team ... a Late Model Stock car at South Hampton Motor Speedway ... now our driver sucked once he moved to Late Models but before that in Mini Stocks he was bad ass ... also helped out around Dixie Land quite a few times .... So what Race Car Team are you on and WHERE do yall race ? Cause anyone can get some stickers made and call yourself a Team but a Racing Team is different ... and I think many people will agree .... unless you have some Times on which every type of Racing you do wether it be Straight Line ... Circle Track ... Jet Ski .... Your not a Racing Team unless you RACE!
So as soon as you get some times ... please Post ... im interested to see what a 1982 Honda can dish out
Old 02-07-2003, 10:57 AM
Import Evolution

B18Caccrd82htch is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, i can see where yall are coming from. im just a 15 year old punk with impossible dreams. and when i say "racing team", i mean a street racing team. We street race out at portsmouth, at a closed ames, they'll be out there tonight. I wont, not old enough. I know i should buy a CRX, i've wanted one for three years. but ever since my brother sold this car to me, i've had the best future for it. it has seen the track before. it gt 0-60 in 12.47.
and with a stock horsepower of 75, i think it was pretty nice. and if any of you have ever been to p-town you've probably seen a white '84 Saab 900, with a Saab-Tek window sticker, thats my brother. he's the only one with a saab, so if he has achieved his goal of being the only one out there with a saab, i think i can get a 82 accord out there.
Old 02-07-2003, 11:37 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

double post, whoops! Please delete!!
Old 02-07-2003, 11:37 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Thats right, old rice. I am the very proud owner of a primer grey 1982 Honda Accord Hatch. Believe it or not, i am trying to drop a Gsr or B20 in it. If anyone knows places around Va Bch that can do custom motor mounts and/or custom bodywork, i would appreciate it emensly if you could tell me. Its a rollin chassis right now, but its gonna beast. also check out my thread in 'for sale'.
Thanks
I seriously thought about doing something similar when I had my 82 Accord...then I came to senses. I figured there were going to be quite a few reliability issues with it (suspension, frame strength, custom EVERYTHING, just to name a few) and I do not have the money nor information to do something like that...althought that old skool Civic EEK keeps throwing up makes me drool.

Good luck with whatever you want to do.

Quick Reply: Old Rice