Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

NOPI discussion thread.

Old 08-17-2003, 05:51 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

I was wandering around fairly early and found the trike races. I watched a couple kids wreck and decided me and my friend Jason were going to race. I was dubbed "Crazy Home-made shirt guy" by the Nopi Announcer (more on this later); I also popped a wheelie on the last part of the race and kicked Jason's ass. I even had the blue trike (which lost ALL day. )

Someone stopped me to take pictures of the back of my shirt and the girl with them said "You're on Drag VA?" I don't know who this was... ?

We had a suite in the tower, with A/C and a fridge. Good times. We started heading back down to the stage for the bikini contest. As the chicks started coming out, I noticed that the man himself, Chris Rado, was standing next to the stage talking to the Nopi TV host chick. People started questioning my sexuality as I kept trying to get Rado to come sign my shirt instead of looking at the asses. The StreetGlow girl (the one in pink,) got robbed.

I started yelling at the chicks to touch their toes, and the NOPI guy points at me and goes "Get the crazy home-made tshirt guy!" Next thing I know I've got a camera in my face; I grabbed my shirt and held up the part that said DRAG VA and then gave the camera the shocker. He said the footage should air in about two weeks; gotta watch for that. Someone with a capture card needs to hook me up. :]

The Black Magic girl came over as the Bikini Contest was winding down to hand us some wax. I told her to go get Chris Rado because I wanted to have his baby. She said she was going to have his baby first and walked away. Bitch.

I left the stage dissappointed at not having the autograph. We walk passed the Xbox thing (the one with the racing seats) to see if the screens were viewable yet and bam: Chris Rado. I sat down and we played some Project Gotham with dueling MR2 Spyders. I told him of my experience with the black magic chick and he said he'd sign my homemade shirt. Sweet. I was beating him pretty badly, so I altered my goal to wrecking the shit out of him. I lost the race. :-\

He signed my shirt. "Thanks for taking it easy on me on XBOX. Chris Rado, World Racing." Elite.

Now I figured he'd kind of sign the shirt and blow us off like a lot of pro-athletes do but he started talking about the racecar and the recent engine woes. I then asked him to drive my friend Mike's RSX-S for him since Mike is such a miserable driver. He said he couldn't because it was not a Toyota and he'd get in trouble. Curse me for not bringing the MR2.

We were hanging around the World Racing trailer, looking at Rado's awesome Lexus SC, when I looked and saw that the picture of us playing Xbox came out like shit. So we took another picture.
Originally posted by 2JZ JC
i got a pic with the streetglow chick while flashin the shocker.
Beat THIS.

Note that Chris' shocker is sort of messed up. He had his index and middle fingers half-sliced off and they had just been sewn back together with some blue thread.

Last edited by The Wok; 08-17-2003 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-17-2003, 05:56 PM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

i would hate to be the girl on the recieving end of rados shocker.
Old 08-17-2003, 06:04 PM
show no mercy

2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC

the people that took pics of your shirt was 1baditr, me and jnztrbo.

Old 08-17-2003, 06:04 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

You shoulda said wazup. :\ I wasnt cool enough for you guys to know who i was though.

Which one of you was the guy that actually took the picture?
Old 08-17-2003, 06:06 PM
show no mercy

1baditr took the pic, i reconized your name from here, but its real hard to shoot the shit from where we were cuz it was soooo loud
Old 08-17-2003, 06:07 PM
show no mercy

i owned his ass in the tricycle race and got an mpeg of it couldnt top your wheelie tho
Old 08-17-2003, 06:08 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

i wanted to go again and try to drift. :] or wheelie off the line
Old 08-17-2003, 06:09 PM
Doin' (today) stuff

DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS

Nopi was hot.

The racing in the open classes was pretty dismal. There were few street cars running lower than 14's. I should've brought the SHO and slaughtered most of the fart can carriers. (BTW a SHO did win the bracket racing event, i believe). Ryan, josh and chris ran. noone broke 15. so i won't put out actual numbers. I heard eric didn't have much fun at all. sorry bro, that really sucks. The pro racing was pretty hot. The 6.93 pass by the Solara was in-farking-credible. The burnout comp was dominated by a 97 Lt1 T/A which in the final heat blew the tread off his tires, mad props.

The bikes were insanely fast.

My condolances to the tacoma driver who threw a connecting rod out the side of his engine block. that totally sucks, hope they get your shite running for the next event.

The 240Z with the APC logo (if you were there you know the one i'm talking about) was balls. The two Turbo 2's racing was very cool. Dissapointed that none of the real domestics showed, the ones that were there did a poor job of representing.

The lot was filled with some interesting pieces.

most notable were:

The blazer with so much stereo stuff there was no back, and it set off car alarms 3-4 rows away.

The 302 RWD Focus

The RHD EVO VII

The Saturn Ion done in the deck of cards theme

The golf cart with racing seats, 18's and a body kit.

and last but not least the street glow girls...

The foam party was hot, although there were way too many dudes. still got some good grind time in there with like 5-6 chicks. i saw one boob. not both of them just one. good enought for me though.

more people should've come, and i shouldn't have gotten sunburnt.

all in all

nopi pwned all other saturday nights
nuff said....
Old 08-17-2003, 06:17 PM
show no mercy

it was an evo V not VII, heat had mad issues, and there was a red civic supercharged and runnin nitrous that ran like 16-17's....and had some wierd custom intake stickin out the hood
Old 08-17-2003, 06:19 PM
show no mercy

im still not over the fact i didnt have my car and didnt get to run, DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!