Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

nissan's qr25 blows

Old 11-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Unconfirmed User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc
Default nissan's qr25 blows

well the old ladies '04 sentra se-r is back at the dealer (glad i got extended warranty), motor shit itself. the car consumed 7qts of oil in less than 500 miles and precat combs broke up (prob might even be related). i found out that there is a recall on the precat for failling (breaking up) and pieces were known to get sucked back into the cylinders through the exhaust valves. oil consumption is also a big failling point on the qr25 motor according to the se-r boards. i think that that the two problems go hand in hand. nissian never even contacted me about the precat recall which usually happens around 30k miles (even on the 2.5 altimas), the wifes' made it 39k miles so i'm glad i got the extended warranty (60k). so i guess its getting a new motor, probably drive it another 20k then get rid of it for something else, maybe a '06 gto or something haven't really decided yet. never nissian again, the severly underpowered heavy p.o.s., all of the U.S. crap anyway. sorry just my rant.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:48 PM
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx
Default Re: nissan's qr25 blows

wow. that shit is pathetic.

after you get the new engine, sell it immediately, with zero miles!
Old 11-27-2006, 05:11 PM
Registered Member

kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru

how do you own that car and not know about the pre-cat recall??? especially being a "car enthusiast" that spends atleast a little amount of time on the internet (and on the se-r forums, no less)

I remember the first one that came in somewhere around 4 years ago when i was still in the dealership
Old 11-28-2006, 02:39 AM
Unconfirmed User

88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc

Originally Posted by kashimiru
how do you own that car and not know about the pre-cat recall??? especially being a "car enthusiast" that spends atleast a little amount of time on the internet (and on the se-r forums, no less)

I remember the first one that came in somewhere around 4 years ago when i was still in the dealership
i just joined the sentra boards to research this problem and ask questions. like i said the se-r is the wifey's so i could care less about the p.o.s.

so how do i not know about it? easy if the car was worth a shit i would have cared enough to take the time, but it isn't so i didn't. not to mention nissan is suppose to contact me about a recall on the car, not vise versa.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:37 AM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

Yeah, I got a 02 Spec V new and one of the first mods was a new header. I had all the bolt on's, plus cams and a tune and I ever had any issues with the motor. I dont own it anymore but,I beat the crap out of it to and it's still going strong.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:35 AM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

Originally Posted by Axelerate
Yeah, I got a 02 Spec V new and one of the first mods was a new header. I had all the bolt on's, plus cams and a tune and I ever had any issues with the motor. I dont own it anymore but,I beat the crap out of it to and it's still going strong.
I can attest to him beating the crap out of it.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:01 AM
Registered Member

kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru

Originally Posted by 88mr2sc
i just joined the sentra boards to research this problem and ask questions. like i said the se-r is the wifey's so i could care less about the p.o.s.

so how do i not know about it? easy if the car was worth a shit i would have cared enough to take the time, but it isn't so i didn't. not to mention nissan is suppose to contact me about a recall on the car, not vise versa.

are you guys the original owner? have you moved since originally purchasing the vehicle? The fault, i think, really lies in whatever service department you deal with and/or the dealer you purchased the car from, not with Nissan.

i've seen so many cars get new warranty precat/exhaust manfiold/motor's, all free of charge to the customer, so i fail to see how you can be so mad at nissan and thus go around spouting off they're pos cars because they have a design fault that has already been recognized and measures have been taken (for years now) to rectify the situation.

and further more, you're getting a fresh motor out of it anyways with no cost to you. whats the problem? you could have an EVO and put non factory valve stem caps on and when your clutch blows up, they tell you where you can put your warranty for all they care.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:27 AM
Unconfirmed User

Originally Posted by kashimiru
are you guys the original owner? have you moved since originally purchasing the vehicle? The fault, i think, really lies in whatever service department you deal with and/or the dealer you purchased the car from, not with Nissan.

i've seen so many cars get new warranty precat/exhaust manfiold/motor's, all free of charge to the customer, so i fail to see how you can be so mad at nissan and thus go around spouting off they're pos cars because they have a design fault that has already been recognized and measures have been taken (for years now) to rectify the situation.

and further more, you're getting a fresh motor out of it anyways with no cost to you. whats the problem? you could have an EVO and put non factory valve stem caps on and when your clutch blows up, they tell you where you can put your warranty for all they care.
yes original owner and no didn't move. i can see where it is the service departments fault and not nissan's and i guess where i'm pissed of is the fact that IF i hadn't got the extended warranty i would have to bite the bullet for the motor due to milage.
as far as power in its class the se-r is near the bottom, just above the mazda 3 2.3l but below mazda's top model the mazdaspeed3. not to mention the fact that can't be denied that the car is way too heavy (i believe right around 2800lbs). plus the senta's top level qr25 motor (175hp), that is just 15 more hp than a base level rsx and the rsx weighs quite a bit less. that is just one example and can come up with more.
the car does handle well and it does a pretty decent comfort level. i'm not saying it is 100% awful but just no longer in my good graces anymore. now it goes back to my opinion (rephrased), i'm not down with the new nissan's anymore and will do without the sentra. i'll still have my '97 vg30 quest minivan, lol.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:33 AM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

sr20de > qr25de

so, the only se-r in my book was the b13.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:29 AM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET

Originally Posted by JKim
sr20de > qr25de

so, the only se-r in my book was the b13.
agreed after they got rid of the IRS it wasnt a se-r anymore but
sr20de<sr20ve

Quick Reply: nissan's qr25 blows