Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Nicer cars get harassed less by cops?

Old 07-29-2007, 05:08 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
outtatime703 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nicer cars get harassed less by cops?

I sold my car about 2 months ago and got a new 2007 350z. I was planning on keeping it stock and just enjoy the warranty of a new car but I find myself itching to mod it. I never drive like an ass or race but I got pulled over or harassed by cops all the time in my last car which was modded with basic modes. Nothing outrageous was on the car (intake, exhaust, window tint, etc) . My question is do nicer/newer cars get harassed less than older cars. I'm not saying a 350z is a nice luxury car but it is definitely a step up from Civics/Integras.

I was thinking of tinting my windows and putting a nismo exhaust on it but am hesitant because I'm getting too old to be profiled as a ricer but still want to tastefully mod my car.

Thanks
Old 07-29-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm so thirsty

drunkard drunkard drunkard drunkard drunkard drunkard
Default Re: Nicer cars get harassed less by cops?

You drive an import...therefore you are a ricer to some police officers.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:25 PM
The Cool

Peezy Peezy Peezy Peezy Peezy

Nah you won't really get fucked with by cops if you mod your Z. My uncle has a Z as well and he has the Nismo exhaust, CAI, window tint, and a carbon fiber hood as well. He never gets fucked with by the cops at all. And he speeds around just as much as I do, lol. Me one the other hand, I have a Scion tC and with mods and I'm always messed with. Hope this helps.

Peezy
Old 07-29-2007, 07:24 PM
XGP15A-II

J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX

Age plays a bigger role than Car model, but where your car is from does alot more
Old 07-29-2007, 07:43 PM
OM NOM NOM E30

JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87

nothing outragious

then you say exhaust and window tint..

to of the main things cops look for...lawlz.

I didn't get messed with in my integra, no tint, no front plate, stock looking exhaust.

Now with my vette i've already gotten a front plate ticket in chesapeake.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:05 PM
AKA: SHY_GUY

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

Since I got my S2000 I have only had one cop try to fuck with me. He was two lanes to my right staring at me waiting for me to run a red light after the people in front of me did. I stopped looked over at him, saw him staring at me, looked up and realized he had a green light and was blocking traffic. So I pointed up at his light, his eyes got real big then he snapped his neck over, saw the light, and took off.

But yeah, I used to have cops follow me around everywhere in my civic and it only had basic mods. I think this might be due to the fact the target buyers of sports cars are old men in the middle of a midlife crisis or retiring and not punk kids that treat the streets like a track and get good people killed.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Luxury = Love

Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty

no front plate or inspection sticker on the 944 and they just wave at me
Old 07-29-2007, 09:21 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

haha yeah age plays a huge role, my dad just got a gti, and he drives that thing like a madman, aint shit happens, i get in it, and cops eye ball me like the shits on fire
Old 07-29-2007, 09:37 PM
The Cool

Peezy Peezy Peezy Peezy Peezy

Yeah age does play a role. My uncle is in his 40's like I said he gets on his Z all time, and I have yet to see/hear about him getting a ticket of anything like that.

Peezy
Old 07-29-2007, 11:38 PM
Registered Member

|2ocky has disabled reputation

Age, more expensive car, and more performace oriented car. When you are 17-18 you get mad at cops always messing with you, but once you grow up a little and realize what to look for in a car (aka civics and integras aren't cool anymore), cops are thinking the same way.

Quick Reply: Nicer cars get harassed less by cops?