Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

new whip

Old 11-13-2003, 03:47 PM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage
Default new whip

I took delivery on a 04 Acura RSX this afternoon, silver over black w/5 speed sportshift auto (blah, but it's for mostly interstate stop and go). Anyone know any good cheap first mods? It's already pretty quick in the low gears, but I wouldn't mind a chipping it to an 8k redline like the Type S

Gotta say you have to drive the car to be a believer. The independant rear suspension really helps it out, it handles like a fuckin go kart
Old 11-13-2003, 03:58 PM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

Keeping miles off the vette, eh?

They say the AEM V2 intake really lets the rsx breathe. (10-20hp if you can believe that.) That's a good, cheap, first mod.
Old 11-13-2003, 04:03 PM
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc

Thought you were gettin a bimmer?
Old 11-13-2003, 04:13 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

word up sport shift looks kinda fun, have fun with the rsx. should be a good fun daily driver....
Old 11-13-2003, 04:25 PM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

Originally posted by VR-4ever
Keeping miles off the vette, eh?
That and the oil pump decided to blow up last Tuesday I'm looking into that intake btw, I'm amazed at how cheap the aftermarket stuff is, it's like 10 times more expensive for the vette. I almost shit myself when I saw the $250 headers

Originally posted by DC/DC
Thought you were gettin a bimmer?
I thought I was too, but I changed my mind at the last minute. The 540i I was looking at had 80k miles on it already, which would not be a wise choice since I am going to be putting 20k on it every year.

Originally posted by MORE IMPATIENT
word up sport shift looks kinda fun, have fun with the rsx. should be a good fun daily driver....
thx bro
Old 11-13-2003, 06:00 PM

PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri

post some pics
Old 11-13-2003, 06:12 PM
My President's black

MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait

get the AEM CAI intake and your best bet would be hondata reflash...

http://www.hondata.com
Old 11-13-2003, 06:18 PM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

Yea I heard about the Hondata coming out for the Type S motor (they've got one that lowers the vtec to 5200 and raises the red line to 8600 ), but I haven't heard anything about the base K20. Also I'd need something for the transmission to let it know it's safe to downshift to 8000rpms - right now it won't allow it if the shift will cause the motor to redline. I'm not sure if that's seperate like in bimmers or if it's built into the ECU.... any ideas?
Old 11-13-2003, 06:19 PM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

Originally posted by PyAri Chick
post some pics
word, I'll try to get some this weekend
Old 11-14-2003, 02:48 AM
My President's black

MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait

yeah hondata can fix all your problems..shoot them an email. as a matter of fact the reprogrammable hondata is comming out so that will be even better.

Quick Reply: new whip