Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

New tires?

Old 07-06-2008, 07:19 PM
HNIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker.
Default New tires?

I am in need of some new tires, the ones i have on now need to be replaced. I don't know much about tires at all, i was wondering what were some of your guys personal preferences for some summer tires that get good grip but wont wear out too fast. i mainly need just front tires. They are 215/45/17. I have some money to spend on them but dont want to go over board. Thanks for your help.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:20 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok
Default Re: New tires?

Old 07-06-2008, 07:20 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Yeah, those take FOREVER to wear down.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:22 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

A tire that gets good grip and doesn't wear quickly doesn't exsist. One kind of depends on the other.

edit: And if you're only getting front tires, match what you have in the rear. Mismatching tires is dum.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:23 PM
HNIC

Originally Posted by vanilla face
A tire that gets good grip and doesn't wear quickly doesn't exsist. One kind of depends on the other.
I would rather have longer lasting over grip. Not like im making much power at all to need a lot of grip. But i dont want some POS set of tires that get no grip but will last foreverz.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:24 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Why don't you just go to a tire place and talk to them? It's not like you're doing any hard driving, are you?
Old 07-06-2008, 07:25 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

www.tirerack.com

Are you just putting around daily in the car or do you have any sort of performance aspiration for the car?

Having a car with performance parts and long life tires is dum. Of all the shit you put on your car, only one part actually touches the road.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc

Stop racing, dick.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:29 PM
HNIC

Originally Posted by ryanherington
Why don't you just go to a tire place and talk to them? It's not like you're doing any hard driving, are you?
I won't be launching all the time or driving to aggressively, but i do like to go on back roads and mess around with turns. So i need some more grippy tires, i'm sick of these stockies not getting any traction around the turns.

Originally Posted by vanilla face
www.tirerack.com

Are you just putting around daily in the car or do you have any sort of performance aspiration for the car?

Having a car with performance parts and long life tires is dum. Of all the shit you put on your car, only one part actually touches the road.
I plan on making a little bit of power by late this year hopefully. Close to 300whp by late this year / early next year. But for right now no i don't have any big power increasers.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

I don't want to start another thread and since your question pretty much seems covered, I have one.

What is a good gripping tire? I want something I can street, an all season tire is not a must but a plus. If it lasts 10k miles, that's fine. I just can't stand spinning. I'm making somewhere close to 350whp. I will be in the market for tires here within a month or so and I need something that doesnt scream in fourth. I had a BFG Radial in mind, if you have opinions?

Quick Reply: New tires?