Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

New Personal Best 10.43@139mph , ended the season on a good note :)

Old 12-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Kimchee Wiggler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed
Default New Personal Best 10.43@139mph , ended the season on a good note :)

Well I went to the track yesterday and ended my season on a good note. Since the weather has stayed so warm lately Virginia Motorsports Park extended their schedule to open on Saturday December 2nd and December 9th. Well my year went well, I will post how the car had progressed and the set up. Set up is a stock sleeved LS block , thanks to mine and JDogg's friend in NC, Blockguard, 81.5mm Wiseco pistons, Eagle rods, stock B16A head with Rev valvesprings and retainers, Full Race divided collector ProAm top mount with twin Tial 44mm wastegates, 4" downpipe, Garrett GT4088R 1.06 A/R turbine, Precision 1019 intercooler 34.5 x 10.5 x 3.5" , 70mm RPM Servies TB, JG Edelbrock intake mani, Precision 1600cc injectors with FJO Peak and hold injector driver box , AEM EMS 1040U box, Full Race ProAm traction bars, KYB AGX and Skunk2 Drag coilovers, Quaife ATBD, Competition Clutch Twin Disc, Turbosmart Single stage boost controller.
Well finally this year I put a cage in my car, thanks to Chris Tucker and Forrest Ables for doing the cage. Worked out all my clutch issues, changed out slave and master cylinders and lines(before when I went to the track one of these was bad and caused me not to go into gear hence shitty track times with alot of power lol) , got a good alignment etc etc . Started out the year with finishing up some IC piping thanks to Joe Simpson of Tempest Racing and then initially tuned by Brad Brooks right before the lasat NOPI MIR event. Brad only had limited time to tune the car but we left it at 500whp and went on from there. Ran at NOPI and chased some issues on day one which ended up being a clogged VTEC solenoid, fixed that and went 11.70@119mph then 11.30@128mph, ok for that event. Retuned with more time and made about 550-580whp and went to Imports VS Domestics at MIR off the trailer the car went 10.62@140mph then 10.64@144mph then 10.73@143mph then started to miss and stutter really badly after that pass. Come to find out after the event the MSD Distibutor had gone bad, we think it was because of a pinched wire on the harness. We put a new distributor on and went back to the track, reloaded an old MAP(mistake) and the car would only trap 124mph, went 11.2@124mph, then 11.1@128mph(turning boost up) then ended 11.0@132mph. The car was definately down on power, finally able to pull the datalogs for the last two passes shows A/F at 10.2:1 no wonder it was down on power! Get it to Dyno Inc in Va Beach and have Shad Sawyer from Accuracy Automotive tune it , he had my old map where we made about 580whp and reloaded it and tweaked it BAMMM car made good power about 540whp 22-23psi and about 600+ with 25-27psi. We turned the boost down since I am still on stock sleeves went to the track and ran a 10.81@138mph, that pass I had the worst 60' of the year 1.90 then 330 was awful 4.9 and 1/8 7.2 was only on 20psi also. Next pass turned her up to about 23psi and had a best 330' at 4.6 and bext 1/8 6.9 then when I hit 4th gear it banged off the limiter immediately, tried again and same thing 11.6@98mph. 4th gear broke. Well I figured I am done for the year since that was the last track day so we thought. FInd out the track extended it's schedule so Chris Tucker calls and says bring the car back to Dyno Inc(where he now works) so we can fix that tranny. We pulled it apart and sure enough 4th gear was done and 2nd gear synchro was pretty f***ed too. We took out the junk Phantom Grip Tranny Cuff(broke 4th gear on Dynapak last year then 4th gear at track this year)too. None of the top SPWFD like Tony Palo nor Mat Keller run the cuffs so I figured I don't need it.

Well we get the tranny back in and I head to the track off the trailer car runs 10.43@139mph only about 22-23psi, datalogs look good. Next pass 60' was not that great nor the 330 4.7(I think) went 10.65@137mph it was breaking up top of 2nd, 3rg and 4th gears so I shifted early on the 3-4 shift and tried to ride it out in 4th. Look at datalogs everything was all good, changed plugs out and made another pass went 10.71@138mph , was a squirelly pass since before I ran they just finished clean up DOH wrong move to take this lane. I was happy for the day and packed up and am done for the season. Also thank you to Sam Moore, Kevin and Craig got the help at the track yesterday.

I have a sleeved block and my ported head at RLZ Engineering now, once I pay the bill I will pick it up and get it ready for next year , make some power and go faster. I will most likely try to keep the current block in for the beginning of the season and get alittle faster then swap it out. I have found out sometimes less is more, this set up doesn't make a great amount of power but we got the car dialed in and it runs well. No changes really being made to the car except putting in a T1 Cam Trigger kit(thanks Tony) and adding the necessary saftey equipment and such for me to be legal for NHRA next year.

I want to thank all the people who have always helped me this year and throughout the years with my many set ups Thanks go to Shad Sawyer, a great friend for years now, of Accuracy Automotive GREAT TUNER who has always extracted the most from my set ups and keeps me going and motivated, thanks to Millenium Autosports well now they are MRD for always providing me with parts if I needed them and dyno time when I needed you guys have always been great and I am always grateful, Thank you to Chris Tucker you helped build my car and am awesome man you MOTIVATE THE HELL OUT OF ME TOO and light a fire under my ass to get it done man you are a great friend, thanks to Forrest Ables for getting my cage done finally, thanks to MJ of Dyno Inc for the lift time, dyno time and helping with the car and the trailer and everything you have done for me man, again another great friend who I am appreciative for, thanks to Brad Brooks for getting me ready for NOPI this year and getting the base tune on the car, Thanks to Joe Simpson for use of the shop and welding up my IC piping thanks buddy, thanks to Bret Read and Darren Baron for motivating me to whoop up on you gusy for the year I am faster than both of you ( I joke I joke I kid I kid haha), thanks to my good friend Freddy Clark for keeping me motivated too I am coming for you man! To everyone on H-T like Arturbo, Tony1, Miller and Tom, thanks always to the guys at Full Race for providing with the best products over the years, thanks to Precision turbo as well. Lastly JDogg has helped me tremendously this year getting my car a drive home tune and set up and always helping with anything I needed and being my NOPI Groupy Buddy lolololololol To anyone I have forgotten thank you also. I started the thread just to post a time but my fingers did what my mouth always does RUN ON AND ON AND ON lololol
Old 12-03-2006, 05:18 PM
you suck, i know it

(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)
Default Re: New Personal Best 10.43@139mph , ended the season on a good note :)

congrats!
Old 12-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Am Confused

MustB18 MustB18 MustB18 MustB18 MustB18 MustB18 MustB18 MustB18 MustB18 MustB18 MustB18

Nice Terry i just hope that i can hold it down like you next season when i get back. Thanks for all the help by the way with the parts and what nots.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:34 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

You still suck! But good job
Old 12-03-2006, 05:57 PM
wharlgarbl

notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline

Originally Posted by Grease Monkey
You still suck! But good job
His tranny is still in tact?

<3

Congrats Terry.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

Originally Posted by onebadk1tty
His tranny is still in tact?

<3

Congrats Terry.

O please. You don't think I would let a bad tranny keep me down? It's back and better than ever.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Banned

Spike101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good job man. Keep it up.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:15 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

nice man....
Old 12-03-2006, 07:20 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

once I pay the bill I will pick it up
Quit hookin' people up with dank ass deals on clutches and you'd be able to pay for it
Originally Posted by Grease Monkey
O please. You don't think I would let a bad tranny keep me down? It's back and better than ever.
It kept you down at the track. A TRUE baller woulda had a extra transmission at the track.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Nut Rider
Quit hookin' people up with dank ass deals on clutches and you'd be able to pay for it

It kept you down at the track.
Um... no get your info straight first. Tranny broke on the street NOT the track. kthx

Quick Reply: New Personal Best 10.43@139mph , ended the season on a good note :)