Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

New Idea For A Honda Swap.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:49 PM
VADRIVEN IS WHACK!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WaYtOoLoW has disabled reputation
Default New Idea For A Honda Swap.

I have a new idea for a honda swap that would be a pretty mean swap just leaving the motor all factory. I don't know if it has ever been done but i doubt it. I can't find anywhere online where it has but i can only imagine. I work at a chevy/subaru dealership and i got to drive one of the impalla ss's with the 5.3L LS4 V8 (FRONT WHEEL DRIVE)! That had to be one of the fastest all factory cars i have been in, in a very long time. And for the car to be so heavy and still be so fast, i couldn't imagine that engine in a civic. But it's a v8 already set up on front wheel drive, i figure if someone would come up with a way to mount it and wire it all up, and get the axles right for the swap, how hard could it be besides a little custom work? I'd love to attempt this swap just to see the possibilities but too bad i am broke. Does anyone think this swap would work out? I'm not sure if they make it in manual, but who cares haha, still be nasty on auto. It'd be one fast ass street car.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush
Default Re: New Idea For A Honda Swap.

Anything can be done,

but should it be done?

No, not really.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:58 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Not new. Only new to you.

Cut holes in the floor and stop it with your feet. There is something new, stubby.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:58 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by WaYtOoLoW
I have a new idea for a honda swap that would be a pretty mean swap just leaving the motor all factory. I don't know if it has ever been done but i doubt it. I can't find anywhere online where it has but i can only imagine. I work at a chevy/subaru dealership and i got to drive one of the impalla ss's with the 5.3L LS4 V8 (FRONT WHEEL DRIVE)! That had to be one of the fastest all factory cars i have been in, in a very long time. And for the car to be so heavy and still be so fast, i couldn't imagine that engine in a civic. But it's a v8 already set up on front wheel drive, i figure if someone would come up with a way to mount it and wire it all up, and get the axles right for the swap, how hard could it be besides a little custom work? I'd love to attempt this swap just to see the possibilities but too bad i am broke. Does anyone think this swap would work out? I'm not sure if they make it in manual, but who cares haha, still be nasty on auto. It'd be one fast ass street car.

this may be needed...
Old 10-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Drives a Mustang

TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6

Originally Posted by SortaFlush
Anything can be done,

but should it be done?

No, not really.
well said.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:19 PM
EMF S2K

jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy

Remember when people were putting northstar v8's in FWD VW's like 8 years ago. Yeah.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I think it's a retarded idea for a FWD car, unless you're trying to make something as front heavy and oversteer-y as possible with the least chance of actually transmitting the available torque.

However, it's probably a really badass idea for the REAR of a car, as a transverse mid-engine setup.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by jeremy
Remember when people were putting northstar v8's in FWD VW's like 8 years ago. Yeah.
I don't remember that. I could really give a shit about VWs though so I never paid attention to any sweet 'performance' trends.

I actually started to say that a NorthStar would destroy the handling of a FWD VW, but then I realized the silly flaw in my thinking and deleted it.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 10-06-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
However, it's probably a really badass idea for the REAR of a car, as a transverse mid-engine setup.
Exactly what I was thinking. That engine would look pretty nice in the back of a Lotus Europa..
Old 10-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Racetracks

I wonder if you could hide one of those beneath the rear glass line of a EP hatch. Cleo V6 reborn, now with more lethal potential!

Oooh, it's got the selective cylinder disable (displacement on demand), that would be cool to have if it still puts out enough power with the stock ECU.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 10-06-2010 at 07:42 PM.

Quick Reply: New Idea For A Honda Swap.