Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

New. help :D

Old 11-08-2008, 08:12 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Djtuner has disabled reputation
Default New. help :D

so yea im new to cars. loveing them but new. anybody got any general info that can help me learn? I've learned about AFR (air fuel ratio) so far and that heat is real bad for you engine and hmm not to much more. but i really want to learn! lmk. pm w/e works for you.
nebody in hampton>
Old 11-08-2008, 08:14 AM
RagPhoto.net

99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New. help :D

Welcome.

Read tech talk a lot and you'll definitely pick up a lot of stuff.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:20 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 99CIVICFTW
Welcome.

thx. i got "import tuner" magz too. i've always liked their magainze for the sexy imports and girls but now im actually reading the articles. i dont understand the lingo yet, but haha in time right? i got a 95 mustang, which is cool but it's just not the car i want. i was thinking a Evo or a 240sx but idk how to know if the car would be good. considering i cant buy a new one. im so new
EDIT: and is everybody in here from the 757? thats whats up
Old 11-08-2008, 08:30 AM
RagPhoto.net

99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Djtuner
thx. i got "import tuner" magz too. i've always liked their magainze for the sexy imports and girls but now im actually reading the articles. i dont understand the lingo yet, but haha in time right? i got a 95 mustang, which is cool but it's just not the car i want. i was thinking a Evo or a 240sx but idk how to know if the car would be good. considering i cant buy a new one. im so new
EDIT: and is everybody in here from the 757? thats whats up
You'll eventually pick some things up.

I'd get something easy to start with like a civic.

And no. Theres people from all over Virginia. Some of NC and Maryland and a few other states sometimes.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:33 AM
DUBfresh.net

SLOWdsm is on a distinguished road

You don't need anything fast if your just starting to drive.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:35 AM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

Welcome.

Im for and against this. Though there is ALOT of good info in that section, the number of unimformed and misleadingk information greatly outwieghs the good. You'll end up seeing who you can typically take their word for and what not. Have you said what type of car you have or have hopes of getting?
Old 11-08-2008, 08:39 AM
RagPhoto.net

Originally Posted by Scoutn757

Im for and against this. Though there is ALOT of good info in that section, the number of unimformed and misleadingk information greatly outwieghs the good. You'll end up seeing who you can typically take their word for and what not. Have you said what type of car you have or have hopes of getting?
Good point. Forgot about that.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Scoutn757

Yea well i don't like civics. never have (other dude sugest it) but i have a 95 blue mustang. not gt or nething. and its automatic so i know that wont work. i really want a Wrx sti but their to much money so i'm looking around at other cars i like. i like the 240sx and the LAncer Evo. idk how much they are though or if its good for beginners like me. i might have to settle with my mustang though sadly because i cant afford a totally new car. but im sure i could afford to help my mustang. I wish i wouldnt have put $800 in a new transmission for my mustang. dangit.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:19 AM
RagPhoto.net

Originally Posted by Djtuner
Yea well i don't like civics. never have (other dude sugest it) but i have a 95 blue mustang. not gt or nething. and its automatic so i know that wont work. i really want a Wrx sti but their to much money so i'm looking around at other cars i like. i like the 240sx and the LAncer Evo. idk how much they are though or if its good for beginners like me. i might have to settle with my mustang though sadly because i cant afford a totally new car. but im sure i could afford to help my mustang. I wish i wouldnt have put $800 in a new transmission for my mustang. dangit.
Evo's are pretty expensive. I think a 240 would be a good car.

you could put your car up for sale or trade on here. get something cheaper and have money left over to do some work on the car you get.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Registered Member

Evo's are pretty expensive. I think a 240 would be a good car.

you could put your car up for sale or trade on here. get something cheaper and have money left over to do some work on the car you get.
good idea. where would i buy a 240sx? like a nissan dealer? seems like they wouldnt be on my side. haha