Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

New... and had a question

Old 01-30-2004, 10:22 AM
my car rules!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95GTchik has disabled reputation
Default New... and had a question

just wanted to say Hi and im new to al lthis car stuff. I have a 95 probe Gt and i was wondering if anyone could recommend a good place that isnt really expensive to get my car painted! It needs it badly! Thanx for the help!
Old 01-30-2004, 10:31 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New... and had a question

Howdy Sara!
Old 01-30-2004, 10:48 AM
my car rules!

95GTchik has disabled reputation

Hey Tim!
Old 01-30-2004, 11:36 AM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

How much are you looking to spend mrs. sara? (im assuming thats your name by tim's hello)

if you just want it a color and medocre results, i would say one of the upper paint jobs by maaco. if youve got like 1500ish go for Dreamworks. Just remeber, you get what you pay for.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:38 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

Does it need body work? Check your PMs...
Old 01-30-2004, 12:36 PM

E36DJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Ewww yea don't cheap out on paint jobs.. not that you would but trust me. Good OEM paint jobs are ~4k ish. Good metallic paint jobs use primer coats, base coats, primary coat, then clear coat. Multiple layers of each might be required.

In any event, I'll see what I can find out about paint shops. At the very least get something with a flex agent or clear coat. No clear coat = salt eats it up, color gets on cloth when waxing, sun fade, etc.

Better to wait a couple more months or fit in a few more hours to save up and get something you will stay happy with.

edit: Oh, hi..
Old 01-30-2004, 10:10 PM
Banned

LindseyK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 95GTchik
just wanted to say Hi and im new to al lthis car stuff. I have a 95 probe Gt and i was wondering if anyone could recommend a good place that isnt really expensive to get my car painted! It needs it badly! Thanx for the help!
You should check out Auto Graphicks on Bonney road in Virginia Beach. It may be a little more than you may be looking to spend, but they do a really good job and the end you will be glad you did it. The number is 431-0605. If nothing else, you can take it by and get an estimate.....
Old 01-31-2004, 05:58 AM
Registered Member

toxic331 is an unknown quantity at this point

talk to nates95accord.. he hates it
Old 01-31-2004, 07:00 AM
TiM-MaY!

coolva is a jewel in the roughcoolva is a jewel in the roughcoolva is a jewel in the roughcoolva is a jewel in the roughcoolva is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 95GTchik
Hey, next time you're over w/ Christine, talk to me, I can get you a great deal by a guy my dad knows... (My hood was painted for free )
Old 01-31-2004, 07:21 AM
Registered Member

JS4KIKZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Just dont paint it pink

Quick Reply: New... and had a question