Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

New Car

Old 06-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Damn!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
neverdye has disabled reputation
New Car

I thought I would post here since this is the place where I started out, and learned alot about cars and such. I'm going to be buying a new(ish) car soon, and wanted the opinion of the board. First, a little background. Started out with a 93 hatch SI lowered, intake, exhaust, B16 swap. Sold that when I went into the AirForce. I now drive a 03 VW GTI (needed the reliability).

I have several things to consider when buying a new car.

1) HP / Speed - Looking to have a reliable DD that will do 12-13 1/4 mile
2) Styling / Comfort - It will be a DD, and will want a decent ride
3) Gas mileage - not a big concern, but a concern non-the less

I have several cars I'm looking at now.

S2000 (have to get a hardtop on it)
350/g35
rsx type-s (might would have to turbo it)
sti / evo

Any intelligent suggestions are welcome. I am trying not to F/I if I dont have to, just because it will be a huge investment with time and money on a nicer car. I do not like srt-4's. I am looking to spend 15k - 25k maybe more depending on the car. Insurance is not a big deal, so just throw out what you guys know.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:39 PM
I'm so thirsty

drunkard drunkard drunkard drunkard drunkard drunkard
Default Re: New Car

Well just off your consider list thus far...The evo/sti will definately get you into 13s and 12s with minimal mods. Handling evo/sti/s2000 both are great...just depends if you want carry more than 1 passenger. Any of those cars mention can be reliable if you take care of them.

Looks...well it is a personal preferance...I like all the cars, but some like a certain look over others.

What else are you going to try to do with the vehicle..any type of road racing? mods?..if so how much?

gas mileage will depend on how you drive. I understand this will be a daily driver but some people boost all the time and others rarely. The evo/sti will get decent gas mileage if you stay out of boost...somewhere between 18-22 city and 22-27 highway
Old 06-10-2007, 04:40 PM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

used 350...but it wont be 12sec car without forced induction or nitrous I dont think.

STI would be good too... AWD benefit
Old 06-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Damn!

neverdye has disabled reputation

I would definitely have mods...most like I/H/E for starts, and see how it goes from there. I would love to have a Z or s2k, but the thought of not being able to throw stuff or people in the back might scare me away from it.

Some other cars I am looking at 02-04 Z06, BMW M3, MAYBE R32 when it comes out
Old 06-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

I loved owning a G35 but it was an exspensive care to maintain... and not as fuel effiecient as you might think.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:41 PM
XGP15A-II

J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX

by your list, id look at an m3, evo, or a G35
Old 06-10-2007, 06:04 PM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

^^^^ M3 or G35
Old 06-10-2007, 06:08 PM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

C5 Vette
03 Cobra
Mach 1
LS1 F-body
M3
Old 06-10-2007, 06:35 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by blaxican25
M3
fixed.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Do something original.

Get an S2000.

Quick Reply: New Car