Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Need your advise dragva...

Old 08-21-2005, 12:36 PM
Cock of the Infinite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240
Default Need your advise dragva...

alot of you know me, some dont, but heres my story anyways..

Well, Finally she runs right. good oil pressure, good boost. still has some burning oil from what i suspect is blowby. anyways. heres the scoop. ive invested over 5 grand into this car ( 89 turbo targa leather 5-spd R154) AND im at a crossroads. ahead of me lies the most difficult year of college I have before I graduate. I owe about 2500 to micellaneous parties for parts/repairs ive completed on my baby. With 16 credit hours and classes like advanced technical drafting and physics and stength and materials classes, I wont have time to work on my car much less at a job to pay off this 2500 debt. I cant sacrafice my grades to work as I am on a scholarship. And, I have a garunteed full-time job waiting for me with a starting salary of ~33k a year with full benefits as soon as I graduate. I do not want to part with my supra. especially since all of the research, love and care that has recently culminated in what I have as a running supra. I dont think ill find another MKIII this nice (her only flaw is a small (dime size) rust spot and some worn-out gray leather seats. I could sell her for probably around 5-6k on ebay or locally. then my debts would be paid off and id have leftover money and not have to work till may (when i go full time with this company im with). and I would have a 87 honda accord to drive till may. Or, i can attempt to bust my ass at some part-time job on the weekends ( im at school all week long) and MAYBE make enough to keep the supra around. I know I need to make a responsible decision here, but I need some help. I sold my 1st love (1993 240sx SR20DET) because I was starting college and couldnt keep up with her... i missed her till i got the supra. so, what should I do guys? thanks for your help on this one.

also, gas prices have put a serious hurt on my wallet. costs 40 bux to fill the supra from empty.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:47 PM
MLB! Lets GO!

Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas
Default Re: Need your advise dragva...

im kinda in the same boat but not as immediate as you...

and to be honest, it really sounds like u know what to do. you just need to hear it from other people. and when u graduate and get that job, u can build you another car. you gotta look ahead bro.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Thig Digged

ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq

Well, if it makes you feel better, advanced technical drafting (drf 152 I assume) and physics are nothing to sweat. Cars (performance wise) should be your last priority.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:09 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

If you can sell it and not lose out, then do it. You'll be able to buy another supra after you graduate, and more importantly, you'll be able to invest in a house and start really being able to make money.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:32 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

supra apparently you need schooling more then that car (adviCe... )

no car is worth more then an education (unless its an enzo or something...then fuckit. but thats not the case here) get a beater and finish school.

good luck
Old 08-21-2005, 03:44 PM
Registered Member

Ultrabb6 has disabled reputation

Sell the car.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:23 PM
What FMIC?????

MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX

You know what you need to do..

I have been thinking of selling mine also.. Only thing that makes me want to keep her is that i will never get back near what i have invested...

But as i hardly ever drive it and still need to invest alot more to get her finished.. I just can't see doing it when I have started savings for a house/land to build a house, and looking at my future closer
Old 08-21-2005, 06:53 PM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET

Dude you gotta sell the car cuz I owed 3200 to college and couldnt come up with the money then they threw on interest that went up to 5 grand, so its gonna hurt a lot worse if you dont pay for school, I mean it will mess up your credit bad too.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:40 PM
Registered Member

IRR0MPIBLE has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Ultrabb6
Sell the car.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:39 AM
Ultimate Ricer Drift

probot757 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a tough decision... You just got it running right, and now you are thinking of turning around and selling it....It sounds like your defintely going to sell it , so I say , get it done , and wait til May......

Quick Reply: Need your advise dragva...