Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Need some registration info/help.....

Old 10-30-2005, 05:02 PM
:super sleeper:

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GTItillIdie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need some registration info/help.....

Ok, Im thinking about moving out of state, but I want to keep my car registered in VA. My sticker on my plate says it expires in Dec., but if im out of state can I still keep it registered here? can I mail the payment and ll that other shit and then they will mail me the stickers? can I renew my registration before it expires in Dec? Any info would be appreciated.....
Old 10-30-2005, 08:41 PM
B18C1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mischiefse7en has disabled reputation
Default Re: Need some registration info/help.....

Originally Posted by GTItillIdie
Ok, Im thinking about moving out of state, but I want to keep my car registered in VA. My sticker on my plate says it expires in Dec., but if im out of state can I still keep it registered here? can I mail the payment and ll that other shit and then they will mail me the stickers? can I renew my registration before it expires in Dec? Any info would be appreciated.....
Ive registered plenty of cars in VA, so...
It depends on what you are doing out of state. If you plan to become a resident of another state, you should check their laws. VA law is that you have to get VA plates and Dl within 30 days. You can actually pay for registration 2 yrs in advance, and they mail you your new stickers. You can renew your registration at any time. Go to www.dmvnow.com and you can do the registration thing anytime.