Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Need Some advice

Old 02-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need Some advice

So, Last January, I bought a 2003 Jeep Wrangler X from a dealer in New Port News. First off, let me state that I know virginia is a "buyer beware" state. However, I was completely lied to about the jeep. The dealer told me that the vehicle had been in a minor accident in the parking lot and nothing more than a minor accident. I inspected the frame and everything looked fine aside from some minor repairs. However, when he mailed me the title, it had come to my attention that I had purchased a "salvage rebuilt" vehicle. Well I figured I was screwed because I should have carfaxed the Jeep before I bought it. However, I did some research and in virginia a dealer HAS to to notify the buyer that the vehicle has a salvage rebuild title and they the Buyer has to fill out a "rebuilt salvage vehicle disclosure statement"..basically stating that the buyer knows the vehicle has had over 75% of its value damaged....This all falls under VA Code 46.2-1602. Now should I go to the Dmv, the Dealership, a lawyer(if so what type of lawyer would cover this case)?
thanks!
Old 02-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Flesh Into Gear.

kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa
Default Re: Need Some advice

Lawyer. Unless he told you to sign something and you didn't sign it.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Registered Member

S14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely never told me to sign anything. I have my mother and stepfather as witnesses as well because they were both there (cosigners)
Old 02-10-2009, 05:46 PM
uhh.. what?

idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly

damn that sucks, good luck
Old 02-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Registered Member

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/pdf/vsa59.pdf
Old 02-11-2009, 05:57 AM
Registered Member

anyone?
Old 02-11-2009, 06:00 AM
Registered Member

BatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these parts

+1 on the lawyer, if it is a code you and are sure you were not told seems to be a winning case
Old 02-11-2009, 06:05 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Yep, they only have to tell you if title is branded salvage. If it is, then you better hope you have proof they told you and that you payed attention to everything you signed, chances are you didn't.

Now, get a lawyer. Good luck.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:22 AM
Registered Member

Wrong. Click the link I posted. W/o signing that paper, it is an illegal transaction. With that being said, he neither told me nor had me sign anything aside from the bill or sale which stated "No warranty-sold as is." That is NOT a disclosure of a salvaged vehicle
Old 02-11-2009, 06:28 AM
Registered Member

rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1

Get a lawyer, and hopefully you can stick it to the dealership. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Need Some advice