Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Need help from you wrx guys...

Old 03-15-2004, 01:45 PM
Go fuck yourself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing.
Default Need help from you wrx guys...

Ok I have become fed up with my 14.2 mpg, 2wd jeep so I have decided to buy a new car. I have been looking into wrx's for a while but I have 2 questions for you guys...

For those of you that own the car what kind of gas mileage are you getting, and what were you getting stock? also whats your overall thoughts of the car (good, bad, etc.)?

Any help would be great...
Old 03-15-2004, 01:47 PM

Phade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need help from you wrx guys...

dont wrx's need higher octane gas than the jeep would? Sounds like offsetting your premise to me.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:50 PM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

Ive had up to 28mpg on the hwy, and ~20mpg city. thats when i want to save gas...but ive had as low as ~10mpg on the city...but i had a heavy foot that week.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:52 PM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

yup...93octane. and i wish there was something higher ^_^
Old 03-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Official Bad Omen

The Jew The Jew The Jew The Jew The Jew The Jew

As far as mileage goes, you can sip fuel, or you can guzzle it depending on your driving style. I for instance refill my car probably every two to three days, but that is due to my driving style. As for the car itself, it is probably the best value you will ever find. It has the four door practicality, as well as all wheel drive safety. Not to mention the already potent turbo boxer engine that responds favorably to modifications. But what it comes down to is the fact that it is really fun to drive, which is the main selling point of the car. I'd get it without looking back. But if you can spring for the cash, definately get the STi, as its performance for the money is pretty much unparalleled.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:07 PM
Go fuck yourself

nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing.

Originally Posted by Phade
dont wrx's need higher octane gas than the jeep would? Sounds like offsetting your premise to me.
Sorry about that. MPG is a big factor but what it comes down to is right now is my jeep is 2wd it gets 14.2 mpg on a good day in the city and on a recent trip to vermont 15.2mpg, also the only other renegades I see are being drivin by middle age women. I loved my car at first but now it's just to the point where I NEED a new car. This jeep has been dubbed my "mid-life crisis" car.

I had a few more questions though...
Can anyone reccomend a good dealership some what local (within 100 miles of va beach), and is there a big diff. (mpg wise) between the wagon and the sedan??
Old 03-15-2004, 02:18 PM
RAWR!%!#%!#

bensrex is an unknown quantity at this point

There will be no MPG difference between the wagon and sedan. I live far away from VA Beach so I cannot recommend a dealership. Only thing I have to say is.. get what you want. If you want AT, get AT. If you want MT, get MT. Everyone will give you shit for getting an AT... but there really isn't much difference except for the fact that you don't have to shift. At first I was pissed off b/c of all the shit I got for having an AT... but my car is extremely fast, and it's a stock AT.. and still very fun to drive. I'm assuming you'll get the MT, but either way, you'll love the car. Just be prepared for high insurance.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:57 PM
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc

As far as a Subaru dealer in VB, go to Perry Subaru, and speak to Wally. Awesome guy.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:30 PM
R.I.P B.K.H & K.D.A.

SlammedScort has disabled reputation

I work for RK Subaru and Chevy. We have one used 02 SIlver 5spd. Plenty of new ones and 2 STI's.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:33 PM
Go fuck yourself

Originally Posted by SlammedScort
I work for RK Subaru and Chevy. We have one used 02 SIlver 5spd. Plenty of new ones and 2 STI's.
Details on the 02, and whats the avg. price for the "new ones?"

Quick Reply: Need help from you wrx guys...