VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Need Help? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/need-help-232669/)

EurasiaSI 04-08-2008 07:29 PM

Need Help?

RIGHT NOW I AM TRYING TO DECIDE WHAT ROUTE TO GO. I WANNA GO TURBO AGAIN BUT I WANNA RELIABLE. I HAVE TWO LS MOTORS RIGHT NOW AND A GSR HEAD SO MY QUESTION IS IF I BOOST LS WILL IT BE SAFE DAILY PLUS I DRIVE FROM CULPEPER TO MANASSAS AND CHANTILY/CENTREVILLE EVERYDAY. ALSO WOULD LIKE LSVTEC WUT IS THE BEST ROUTE 2-GO

1aznTT 04-08-2008 07:32 PM

Re: Need Help?

Votech High Velocity motor.

Obviously with LS heads and a G3/G4 Turbo

dc/dc 04-08-2008 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by EurasiaSI (Post 4014112)
RIGHT NOW I AM TRYING TO DECIDE WHAT ROUTE TO GO. I WANNA GO TURBO AGAIN BUT I WANNA RELIABLE. I HAVE TWO LS MOTORS RIGHT NOW AND A GSR HEAD SO MY QUESTION IS IF I BOOST LS WILL IT BE SAFE DAILY PLUS I DRIVE FROM CULPEPER TO MANASSAS AND CHANTILY/CENTREVILLE EVERYDAY. ALSO WOULD LIKE LSVTEC WUT IS THE BEST ROUTE 2-GO

Turbo LS is your best bet for reliability. Also, have Marcum proofread your posts and turn off your Caps Lock. ;)

Sandfrog 04-08-2008 07:42 PM

Eurasia, caps lock is not cruise control for cool here. That shits annoying and if you keep it up someones going to rip you a new one. People are always looking for something to complain about and your thread sticks out like sore thumb. That being said, carry on.

brokenboost 04-08-2008 08:05 PM

Turbo LS is reliable all day long if its tuned and put together correctly or hell, even stock.

and yeah what they said :stupid:

chuki ka-t 04-08-2008 08:17 PM

LS/Vtec Turbo. great setup. IMO you get what you put into it. as well tune makes a huge difference in reliability. You can always turn the boost down for long trips.

mike nagz 04-08-2008 08:19 PM

if you take the time and put in the effort a ls/vtec turbo is just a reliable as anything else turbo......

so whatever you do

DO IT RIGHT

and make sure you tune it worth a shit, and you shouldnt have a problem, do your homework before you start.......

Brock Obama 04-08-2008 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by EurasiaSI (Post 4014112)

The irony of your thread title and this post are crucial. I suggest taking off your caps lock if you ever want to be taken seriously.

Jarrod 04-08-2008 08:47 PM

If you want a setup that will last year after year after year.

Get a HEALTHY LS motor and do your maintence work to it. Then put a basic T3T4 on about 10psi and take it to a respectable tuner(Matt Shue (sohc mshue), Patrick w/ MRD, Shad Sawyer at Accuracy, InlinePro, John Savage @ Hybrid)

I have a friend who has a LS setup that has been boosted for 3 years now.

Another, bought his hatchback with a setup going on 6 years.

Then, you have Mike. Who has a b20 that will not die. I think he's going on 3 years on really high boost(upper teens)

EurasiaSI 04-09-2008 12:36 AM

The irony of your thread title and this post are crucial. I suggest taking off your caps lock if you ever want to be taken seriously

thanx for the advice but this didn't answer my question...so there was no need for u to even answer